• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 FD2 vs ST170

I think you need to read my post history, before you assume that I have an issue with the FD2. I have said many a time that I like the car, my initial response here was to highlight that when people make remarks that are solely there to get a rise out of people then they deserve in return what they offer. The forums are for people who have constructive inputs - If people don't like a certain make/model its not for them to trawl the posts to try get their opinions across.

There are many people, myself included that are perfectly happy with their decision to own an FN2. It certainly is not a money related matter, as the MD of my own company, I'm quite sure I could afford an FD2, if I so desired. However, I don't have to justify to people "why" I purchased the car I did. Yet people with a different model, inferior or superior and the attitude that "my car is better" just comes across as crass.

If you don't like the FN2, fine, just stop bumping your gums over it and live with it. If you feel the need to deride and slag off other car owners, choose another forum. The choice is yours.

This post contains no quotes, just insert your username if the cap fits.

All of the FN2 bashing came after the Clarkson review on top gear, I note most of the bashing on here and CTRO comes from youngsters (mentioning no names) who probably only have the car (EP3) thanks to the bank of mum and dad and think the UKDM EP3 is a hardcore Type R :oops: :roll:

Stella was driving a heavily modded EP3 when current 21 year old EP3 drivers were discovering masturbation. ;)

I am sure that there will be an overhaul of the FN2 just like their was on the EP3. I would not hold my breath for the LSD and HID etc option like I am reading on CTRO (Evostu's OMG I will put your ideas to Honda thread), These parts will only be available as an aftermarket option I have little doubt about that.

I test drove the FN2 and admittedly it was not to my taste but I don't keep harping on about it, There are things I do not like about the FD2 but again I do not harp on about it.

People choose cars to suit their needs at the end of the day, :smt023

All of the FN2 bashing came after the Clarkson review on top gear, I note most of the bashing on here and CTRO comes from youngsters (mentioning no names) who probably only have the car (EP3) thanks to the bank of mum and dad and think the UKDM EP3 is a hardcore Type R :oops: :roll:

:smt023

Oi dotty they are hardcore:lol:

:p

Oi dotty they are hardcore:lol:

:p

Not really, everytime i go in a DC5 or EP3 it amazes me how quiet and comfy they actually are, they aren't the hardcore Type-R people like to make out they are, and as a road car to drive I probably preferred the FN2 over the EP3 in many ways.

I think we need to watch this doesn't go the same way as the CTRO forum, we're better than that over here :cool:

Suggest going to CTRO for picking on type r owners, but I think you'll get banned now as the FD2 vs FN2 threads got so out of hand.

Things are not as bad for bitching here as they are over on CTRO, It is not as big here as it is over there.

That place must be a nightmare to moderate (when you can connect to the host that is) :twisted:

I think we need to watch this doesn't go the same way as the CTRO forum, we're better than that over here :cool:

Suggest going to CTRO for picking on type r owners, but I think you'll get banned now as the FD2 vs FN2 threads got so out of hand.

I'm not in favour of banning people over their opinions, we are each entitled to our own and I would hope that the majority of car drivers are mature enough to appreciate that fact. However when posts are deliberately aimed at provoking a reaction, or repeatedly aimed at slagging off some one else's car, then it generates discord across the whole forum, this will not be tolerated.

There is some good info and a wealth of experience on CTRO and TRO, however there always will be some bad apples that spoil it for everyone. I believe that TRO has struck a fine balance to this problem area, whereas
CTRO has become a victim of its own success, whereby due to the amount of members, as Dotty said, has become a nightmare to police.

TBH, It's a shame, as the original question FD2 v ST170 is quite an original post to generate interest. Maybe we can get back on track.

BTW the ST170 rules!!! ................. Just kidding. :lol:

I'm not in favour of banning people over their opinions

TBH, It's a shame, as the original question FD2 v ST170 is quite an original post to generate interest. Maybe we can get back on track.

Banning people is a last resort and should be done wisely as you said, but when it's down to baiting others for fun, then soemthing has to be said and done I think.

It is a valid question, worthy of debate, but not on a personal level ie. 'ur mota suks coz itz got bad wheels'

I also think that there is no reason why txt language should be used, we are all old enough to be able to write in the language we were taught in primary school (english!!).

Personally, I dont see what is special about the focus, but perhaps it's because I haven't liked Fords as a brand since the RS turbo came out, and it would take alot for me to have my mind changed on it.

The FD on the otherhand I'm not sure or sold on it. I didn't like the rear end but the cockpit does look good and that is where the action is. Not sure about boot space, I havn't looked inside.

I'm pretty local to you stella if you want to check the FD2 out some time. Looks better in the flesh :cool:

Back