• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ferodo ds 2500

just phoned for a price on these pads a staggering £82.72 fully delivered and inc vat ect. ok there good pads so probally worth the money but no one seems to mention there not road legal any one heard of this?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes but if you crash and the police inspect your car and see the pads have no R90 stamp on them they prob notify your insurance and it probally be invalid.
they guy said they are too good for road and its the fact the not got that R90 stamped on they not suitable for road use.

Well i have them all round and not had a problem. So have half the CTRO forum so i wouldn't worry to much. Ferodo themselves say they are for fast road and trackday use.

Mine squealed when coming to a stop in my old CTR, they were plenty greased.

Mine squeal a little on my DC5 but it's only at very specific low traffic speeds and it's not something that bothers me personally, great pads :)

They're great pads, I recently bought another set for my Stoptech's and find them fine for road/track.

DS3000 are a little harsh on the disks.

sigh!
I'm not saying there not fine for the road they're too good for it infact am just saying if you have accident and the police check the car and see there is no R90 stamp on them it wil probally invalidate your insurance.
just going on the info i was told down the phone by the salesman and he seemed to know alot.

They're not going to check what's printed under a ton of brake dust and copper grease, as long as you have 'meat' on the pad they're fine.

Hell do what the germans do to get around there TUV rule and just scratch/run it off

Or just go buy Honda pads and save us the reply.

Mine squealed when coming to a stop in my old CTR, they were plenty greased.

Thats because you didnt follow the bedding in procedure. It goes against everything you are always told to gently apply the brakes for 4 seconds from 60 mph 30 times but trust me it works a treat. The brakes are so sharp now and very easy to modulate. Really stomping on them is enough to take the wind out of you. Just dont put the handbrake on when you stop after bedding them in and give them a good hour to cool before moving the car or applying handbrake.

Project90, I have just edited two of your posts in this thread. How many more times do I need to ban you in order for you to grasp the concept that text speak is not tollerated on this board?

If I, or any other of the admin/mods see it again then the ban won't just be for a week this time. :idea:

They're great pads, I recently bought another set for my Stoptech's and find them fine for road/track.

DS3000 are a little harsh on the disks.

Is it the ds300o's you use with the stoptechs mate?

I will be needing a set of pads myself shortly and im not sure what to go for. I don't wanna ruin the discs for a little more stopping power as they aint cheap to replace

Project90, I have just edited two of your posts in this thread. How many more times do I need to ban you in order for you to grasp the concept that text speak is not tollerated on this board?

If I, or any other of the admin/mods see it again then the ban won't just be for a week this time. :idea:

I tried using the spell check but it didnt work started to try install some crap. I'm sorry I do double check my stuff and even re-read after I post it just to make sure but guess some stuff still get through, can you remember what it was so I can look out for it? I know some of the stray "1's" wander in but I try edit as many out as I see.

thanks for heads up though

I tried using the spell check but it didnt work started to try install some crap. I'm sorry I do double check my stuff and even re-read after I post it just to make sure but guess some stuff still get through, can you remember what it was so I can look out for it? I know some of the stray "1's" wander in but I try edit as many out as I see.

thanks for heads up though

"U" and "ur".

Is it the ds300o's you use with the stoptechs mate?

I will be needing a set of pads myself shortly and im not sure what to go for. I don't wanna ruin the discs for a little more stopping power as they aint cheap to replace

Stick with DS2500 mate there a perfect allrounder.

the DS3000 at low temps will chew the rotors up, there really for fast/heavy braking tracks only. I had a few corners around the ring where temps dropped off and they became very rough.

Cheers mate,

Any idea how much it is for the stock pads that come with the stoptechs I suppose they are good enough for the road. I heard the pagid pads are also really good.

Back