• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ferodo ds2500 and goodridge hoses

oh i see, my pedal doesn't visually lower when engine is started though if thats what you were thinking, just the softness and biting point when physically pressed!

New pads on old disc would feel slightly spongy, did u file the edges of the pad ** fitting? do this if u have 'lipped' disc.. cause if the disc is lipped, your new pads are only in contact with the lipped bit.. not the full surface of the disc.....

think the lipped disk may actually be effecting it, i braked hard today to test it again and when i got out i could see the pad was glazed on the disk but only around the inner side, not the outer side were its worn/lipped a bit :confused: so pads probably haven't been bedded in fully either!

could this be causing the issues??
its long now to take them all out and file down! but main thing is the braking is better than stock before and feels safe! how many miles do you think it will take for the pad to wear in to the shape of the disk??

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit late now but you should have changed the discs too, that's my plan when I need new pads

Last edited by a moderator:
they were hardly worn though so thought it would be a waste to change them!
done a few hundred miles with new pads and pedal does feel a bit better, though i have been braking normally so i guess their wont be much difference compared to standard, will do a couple of hard stops next time to test them :)

Back