• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ferodo DS2500's average life?

Just curious how long the life span is of DS2500' s. Ive noticed my passenger side is starting to grind under braking, and I think the pads could do with changing, but I've only just realised that they have only covered about 8000 miles, mostly motorway miles. A new record low for myself.

Is this normal?

Well you have quick car so life will be shortened. I'd say that was a good innings for a pod mobile.

Definitely not normal mileage. Then again you might have been braking hard from high speeds. Edit: as per Stu.

If you've been grannying about a bit, you can get deposits left on the discs that would normally burn off. Stick a set of abrasive pads in there and it'll clean the discs off with 10 minutes of hard braking.

TDi said if it ever happened to my Stoptechs to pop round, they'll stick some of those pads in and after a couple of circuits of the dual carriageway they'd be clear. Then they'd just stick my old pads back in.

Ive got a set of Brembo pads knocking about in the Garage, I will swap them over at the weekend and inspect the DS2500's, and give the Bembo's a good run.

I did think with the nature of my car they wouldn't last as long as normal, its just 8000 seems very low. I will definitely be going back to the Ferodo's though. Excellent stopping power.

Ive done around 6000 miles, 30-35 laps round Spa, couple laps round Nurburg, about 40 laps round Croft, and still got 2-3mm left them on..... but Ive got grooved discs and tend to brake late and hard, so im not surprised that havn't worn down quicker :)

Back