• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

few faults cropping up after buying my ctr..

guys,

had my ep3 now for a few weeks, and have noticed a few faults,

1st and least important is the boot lock sticking (hopefully a bit of wd40..?)

2nd, when going round roundabouts taking the 3rd exit for example, the handbrake light comes on, this isnt the switch on the actual lever as i have held it down when testing, and my brake fluid level looks ok??

3rd and the one that is worriying me slightly is a friend who is a previous ep3 owner pointed out that the driver side rear suspension is half inch lower of that on the off side, i have gone back through the mots and on the previous mot (ending june 2011) had an advisory on rear suspension bush and dust gaitor missing, but nothing came up on the current mot ( runs out end of june 2012) has anyone seen this before, never noticed it before but this weekend was the first time ive had passenegers in the rear? im hoping ive not been done because i searched high and low for the right car!

any advice would be greatly appreciated

finchy

Knackered shock. Seen that one before but need to check it out to be sure.
With the brake light double check the fluid level.

Knackered shock. Seen that one before but need to check it out to be sure.
With the brake light double check the fluid level.
will it be the complete shock? im going to take it in tomorrow but how much qould you say the part would be? can i get by on it till june?

Uneven height of the car could be springs or the dampers or many more, I just pointed out the main problems.

I had the same problem, driver side is a bit lower than the other side, mechanic checked everything and said it's the dampers that needs changing.

If you want a decent, cheaper parts ask Integrestella, second hand parts, he's in eBay breaking alot of EP3's and Integra's.

^ If it had collapsed wouldn't it sag and thus put a bit more weight onto the spring lowering that corner?

took it to my mechanic today as i was passing, he had a quick look underneath, said that there is nothing broken (spring etc) but would need to put it on the ramp, its due the mot in 4 weeks so will know for sure then, he said it should be ok till then but noticed that the opposite sides tyre had worn on the inside tread..

Back