• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

few little niggles

as you may be aware i got my 1st tpe r yesterday,a 04 facelift in cosmic grey but its got a few little niggles that i need to get sorted

1-should both footwells light up red cos only the passenger side does at the min

2-the drivers side headlight does not work (sidelight and full beam work ok) my mate changed the bulb before i brought it and it worked now and then but not any more.........any ideas? what sort of bulb should it be?

3-the headlights are really rough on the outside (im guessing stonechips) are new ones mega £££ and can you get headlight protectors?

4-do i need to worry about cam-chain breaking as ive heard they can just snap? its done 75k and has always had regular oil changes

5-the red in the seats is very dull im gonna give em a good hoover on wednesday but is there anything you can buy to properly clean them? years ago i used to use this foaming stuff that had a brush on the end of the can but i aint seen owt like that for ages-i think its cos me and my mate (the previous owner) work at a quarry and its very very dusty

6-not really a niggle but does the type r bring out the worst in you lot? cos since having it its making me shall we say..........an angry driver

thankyou-please :D

I believe the red footwell lighting is a mod, doesn't come as standard. It only costs £15 or something? from EBay but it's probably a loose connection

timing chain i wouldn't worry about. With the seats could you not use a carpet cleaning machine?

You could machine polish the head lights and the red lights are definitely not oem.

as you may be aware i got my 1st tpe r yesterday,a 04 facelift in cosmic grey but its got a few little niggles that i need to get sorted

1-should both footwells light up red cos only the passenger side does at the min

2-the drivers side headlight does not work (sidelight and full beam work ok) my mate changed the bulb before i brought it and it worked now and then but not any more.........any ideas? what sort of bulb should it be?

3-the headlights are really rough on the outside (im guessing stonechips) are new ones mega £££ and can you get headlight protectors?

4-do i need to worry about cam-chain breaking as ive heard they can just snap? its done 75k and has always had regular oil changes

5-the red in the seats is very dull im gonna give em a good hoover on wednesday but is there anything you can buy to properly clean them? years ago i used to use this foaming stuff that had a brush on the end of the can but i aint seen owt like that for ages-i think its cos me and my mate (the previous owner) work at a quarry and its very very dusty

6-not really a niggle but does the type r bring out the worst in you lot? cos since having it its making me shall we say..........an angry driver

thankyou-please :D

1 - as said this is a aftermarket footwell light kit, loose connection etc.

2 - h4 bulb, probably blown or not connected properly, best thing to do is remove it and have a look.

3 - yes they are quite expensive and yes you can get light guards. You can also machine polish them to bring them back but they dull up quite quick after then so you have to keep re-polishing them.

4 - they hardly ever snap but do stretch and jump teeth, if it's running ok and doesn't sound like a bag of nails then I wouldn't worry.

5 - the red parts of the seats are notoriously difficult to clean but a foam cleaner is your best bet. Halfords still sell it or eBay. You can also remove the covers and machine wash them but it's one hell of a job... http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/s...ers-Civic-EP3.&highlight=Removing+seat+covers

6 - No, it just makes me superior to everyone else.

cheers guys,bigger problem happened today.........i pulled the lever to open the bonnet and the plastic lever snapped off

help

I believe this is the part :), looks like you have to replace the whole cable assembly :(

http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/h...ock_01=17S5S01&block_02=B__5101&block_03=9725

6 PFKL798987 WIRE ASSY., HOOD *NH167L* £44.10 (€50.27) ($70.56) 001 contact us coloured part

605bef23.jpg

Little tip, when you go to change them over you could cut the handle off the broken lever so just the cable is remaining, then attach the end of the new one to the existing cable. you should be able to then pull the new cable through where it needs to go using the old cable :)

Little tip, when you go to change them over you could cut the handle off the broken lever so just the cable is remaining, then attach the end of the new one to the existing cable. you should be able to then pull the new cable through where it needs to go using the old cable :)

good tip my friend,i have a usefull tip in return.................never eat yellow snow :)

Back