• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Few problems my car has developed

OK where to start, erm with the electrics I think. The immobilizer is playing up sometimes wont turn off first time I try. Then kicks in when I'm driving.
Everytime I turn my lights or heater on I lose power in the car.
Car idling at about 2k rpm.
A really annoying tapping sound when driving.

Thats all I can think of at the moment, any advice or knowledge on these things would be greatly appreciated.

battery clamp was arc'ing on the pos connection thanks to a missing clamp retainer , fixed along with amp cables removed .

OK where to start, erm with the electrics I think. The immobilizer is playing up sometimes wont turn off first time I try. Then kicks in when I'm driving.
Everytime I turn my lights or heater on I lose power in the car.
Car idling at about 2k rpm.
A really annoying tapping sound when driving.

Thats all I can think of at the moment, any advice or knowledge on these things would be greatly appreciated.

When I turn my heaters on at night (with my lights on) the engine pitch drops and the lights dim for a fraction of a second. It only does it when idling so could be a bit of a duff battery. Does this sound similar and has anyone tried a fitting a larger battery like a diesel battery?

When I turn my heaters on at night (with my lights on) the engine pitch drops and the lights dim for a fraction of a second. It only does it when idling so could be a bit of a duff battery. Does this sound similar and has anyone tried a fitting a larger battery like a diesel battery?

Exactly what happens, gonna get a new battery this weekend.

Sounds like a bad ground somewhere

Gotta go away this weekend so need my rear suspension arm bolt repairing before I go, just wondering if any of you guys have suffered a seized bolt in there before and how much of a job it would be to replace??

Gotta go away this weekend so need my rear suspension arm bolt repairing before I go, just wondering if any of you guys have suffered a seized bolt in there before and how much of a job it would be to replace??

Which bolt in particular? The one that fastens the damper to the LCA?

Should be a cheap fix, the bolt doesn't cost much. Mine seized in my old civic and I was able to heat it up and then banjo the damn thing out

Divvy gits at Honda have given me a bolt but no nut, confused somewhat?? I now have a schizophrenic speedo too apparently at some point last night in a 60mph zone I was doing 120mph, I don't think my car has ever gone that fast. Starting to dread touching the thing with all the electrics that's wrong with it in case I end up looking like Tina Turner.

Back