• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Filter Problem EP3 :(

Hi,
Right the problem i have is last week filter looked fine just cleaned my car and seen this lolz. Not sure whats happened to it but looks a bit fu**ed ?
Is there any way to clean the filter or does anyone know what fliter it is as i would like the sameone again. I would just buy a new filter but like i said would really like to get hold of this one again as the sounds awesome to other CTR i have seen going around.
Any info would be cool thanks :)

Pics:
fliter.jpg

engine1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
only reason i can think of is because you have been driving in a dirty/dusty environment. nothing else would cause this :)

a wash in soapy water, dry and a coating of thin oil is also a cheaper alternative.

i was going to suggest some oils but i don't think it is very good advise, stick to the branded oils :)

So really i could just use some 5w40 in a spray and cover the filter a little with it ?

Sorry for all the questions but thanks for the quick replys

It's a gamble if you want to go down that street. I have used 3in1 and ATF oil on previous cars and bikes without a problem. But they were all bangers, I wouldn't want to risk it on my CTR.

Ps never run with a dry filter :)

Hi heavy smoker i find the best way of cleaning my K-N Cone filter is with some carb and throttle cleaner. You get it in a aerosol can from halfords or motorsave. Spray your filter with it give it a brush out!! [i use an inch paint brush cut down so the bristles are stiff] and rinse again with spray then leave to dry for half an hour. The spray is totally safe for the engine cause thats the kind of things its used for cleaning out throttle bodies and butterflies etc etc. Then the oil you also get from any decent motor factors is a K-N filter air oil thats made just for oiling up cone filters. Job done. P.s just dont over oil the filter.

Use a k&n recharge kit dude they sell them in halfords or any good car shops it comes with a cleaner to wash out the oil and dust then let it dry naturally or in a airing cupboard don't use an air line cause they can be brutal an damage it the kits cost around £20 which should do a couple cleans! Never use a brush to clean it I know someone that did and he fu*cked his! I've always rubbed the cleaner in by hand or used a clean dish cloth an swished the filter around in the kitchen sink to get it clean
hope this help! :)

Back