• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Finally a type R owner!

So, as the title says really, finally got myself a type R. 2002 (52) EP3 type R in NHB. Few little bits need doing to it, for example the drivers seat (don’t they all?) but it’s safe to say I’m absolutely over the moon with it. I’ve tried to upload a photo off my phone but it doesn’t seem to be doing it.
Anyway, look forward to talking to you all and more than likely wracking your brains in the not too distant future.
Cheers
Mark

Anyway back to the OP. What needs doing and what plans have you got for it?

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Anyway back to the OP. What needs doing and what plans have you got for it?

As mentioned previously the drivers seat bolster has a tear so that will be replaced, and the rear engine mount needs changing so may aswell do the lot instead of just the one. As for plans for it I have no idea really, I’d like to change the exhaust for a little more noise, but from what I’ve seen it’s either standard exhaust or lots of noise, is there an in between? Haha. I’d also like to install a double din screen as the standard CD player looks very dated now IMO. Everything on the car is standard other than a K&N Typhoon.

ETA the alloys could do with a refurb too, but I’d like them to be painted dark grey....

As mentioned previously the drivers seat bolster has a tear so that will be replaced, and the rear engine mount needs changing so may aswell do the lot instead of just the one. As for plans for it I have no idea really, I’d like to change the exhaust for a little more noise, but from what I’ve seen it’s either standard exhaust or lots of noise, is there an in between? Haha. I’d also like to install a double din screen as the standard CD player looks very dated now IMO. Everything on the car is standard other than a K&N Typhoon.

ETA the alloys could do with a refurb too, but I’d like them to be painted dark grey....

My Fujitsubu RM01A is almost as quiet as stock when you are not hammering it, and when you are it is pretty subtle still but has a nice growl. One thing I will say is don't get a cheap exhaust system... it literally ruins the sound of the car. It's hard to explain but watch a few youtube videos and you ll see what I mean about the tinny sound.

My recommendations are Toda, Fujitsubu or Mugen if you want to keep sane noise levels with good gains and high quality fitment. Even more of a win if you find them second hand :)

My Fujitsubu RM01A is almost as quiet as stock when you are not hammering it, and when you are it is pretty subtle still but has a nice growl. One thing I will say is don't get a cheap exhaust system... it literally ruins the sound of the car. It's hard to explain but watch a few youtube videos and you ll see what I mean about the tinny sound.

My recommendations are Toda, Fujitsubu or Mugen if you want to keep sane noise levels with good gains and high quality fitment. Even more of a win if you find them second hand :)
Or if you are a cheapskate like me get yourself a second hand tegiwa exhaust.

Fujitsubo Rm01a would be my choice if I had the funds.

Getting the handling right should probably be the first port of call with regards to upgrades.

Agree with Mike .h
Interested to know where you get the seat repaired in case mine should go.

Back