• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CH1 Finally splashed the cash yesterday

I think it would look wicked if you put some black wheels on it or powder coated the oem ones black, either way it's a stunning example of a accord type r.:twisted:

Thanks for the comments guys. Embarrassed to admit this but i had thought of black alloys. :getcoat:

Congrats on the purchase, look well looked after. Owned an ATR for 4.5 years, fantastic cars. Head on over to AccordR.org if you haven't done so already. Plenty of ATR related chat, mods, every wheel colour under the sun been tried :lol:

Great ATR, best colour, I was thinking of doing my wheels in championship white, what you reckon?

Last edited by a moderator:
Great ATR, best colour, I was thinking of doing my wheels in championship white, what you reckon?

personally not for me mate. Anthracite or black I`m looking at but admittedly standard silver looks great so why am i bothering?:smt047

That's a very nice clean motor :), it wud b nice to see more ATR's looked after like that.

Cheers, here are couple more pictures, but on a cloudy day.
BIGKEEKO, you said you paid £4900, and your spot on, worth every penny. Depreciation is less on the atr than most cars, as they are rare.
Bought mine for a little less in November 2008 but has more mileage, but limited black/red recaros and rear electrics played a part in persuading me.

Been busy today, finaly painted the calipers RED, here are some pictures. Also the red/black recaros that were the decider. :) Getting brembo caliper decals & also ordered MUGEN oil cap, chrome with white centre and mugen logo.
Recommend painting calipers, easy and cheap to do, with good results.:cool:
What you reckon?:confused:

Mate you need a better camera, can't really see the seats too well.

But so far they look good.

Don't get Brembo Decal's, they're not Brembo's. Get some Type R ones or something.

Mate you need a better camera, can't really see the seats too well.

But so far they look good.

Don't get Brembo Decal's, they're not Brembo's. Get some Type R ones or
something.

:D Got better qulaity pictures. Decided to go for it and fit the brembo decals, happy so far as I thought they would peel but stuck onquite strong.

Oh Dear, that really is a bit like putting type r badges on a rover.
They are not brembos and 99% of people will know they are not.

have you changed the interior :confused: Im sure the first pic had grey seats but now they are red

have you changed the interior :confused: Im sure the first pic had grey seats but now they are red

No, interior is limited red/black. First pictures wer'nt good quality as I was told. Thats why I took some more but have always been like this.:cool:
Also I know their not brembos and 99% of type r owners know that, I not trying to say they were as I clearly stated they were decals & didn't try saying "look i've just fitted brembos".:eek:

But thats exactly the point, you wouldnt put a type r badge or decals on a vauxhall astra, although have seen this, so why put brembo decals on nissin calipers?

But thats exactly the point, you wouldnt put a type r badge or decals on a vauxhall astra, although have seen this, so why put brembo decals on nissin calipers?

This civic is a lookalike, type r badge at front, bodykit etc, shh: (it's even got a red badge). I really think it looks great to be honest. Most likely when the general public see this at the lights or parking up etc, they don't ask the owner to lift up the engine. As with the decals that have caused a bit of a storm, people don't tend to get on their knees and inspect close up or ask if they can have a press of my brakes.
Lucky for me.:rolleyes:

It really is a replica

Last edited by a moderator:
The issue of using the Brembo decals is a very simple one - you are bullshitting to put it in layman's terms.

Brembo decals on a non Brembo set of brakes is just plain and simple bullsh*t.

Why bother? :confused:

Do you tell people that you are a 21 stone ripped to f*ck bodybuilder and then when you meet them explain that you were just using a little variation on the truth? Of course not.

Just paint the calipers, place ATR or Type R decals on them and be happy with them.

Brembo decals belong on Brembo brakes.

Back