• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fire extinguisher fitting

Looking at fitting a fire extinguisher in the front of the car,was thinking somewhere in the passenger footwell.Any pics/ recommendations of where to fit it appreciated.

Mines in the boot under the carpet chatting to the emergengy air charger!:D

That's better than me, I don't even have one. But if I did I'd have it somewhere easy to get to in case of an emergency, like under the seat or in the passenger footwell.

I havent really got it for my car, because im quite sure its not gonna spontaneously combust, and i dont smoke. Its to save other people and be a hero, potentially resulting in a hefty reward or knighthood, or just to wear my pants on the outside and not get laughed at!

sccp_0805_05_z+2007_honda_civic_type_r+fire_extinguisher.jpg

The racing team view is to take the back seats out and mount it round about there...

sccp_0805_05_z+2007_honda_civic_type_r+fire_extinguisher.jpg

The racing team view is to take the back seats out and mount it round about there...

But then in racing cars they are in the back due to them being plumbed in and being activated be either cable or button, and racing cars have no interior anyway so it's makes sense to store it in the back.

Nice idea, but it was bad enough explaining to the other half that id just had a charger fitted:smt021 ,theres no chance i could get away with rocking up with the interior stripped out to fit a fire extinguisher. Going to fit it on the right hand side of passenger footwell.

Back