• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

First Direct Port Nitrous Civic in the UK

tp

Maaahhhhaaaaahhhaaaaa!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

First Direct Port Nitrous Civic in the UK.
Thanks to Mark at Abbey and Paul at TDI North for the help.

Just got to find some green neons now and see if Vin Diesel want to come for a race. :roll: :lol:

The spacer works very well on its own. It extends the length of the runners in the same way a JDM/PRC one makes a difference...only without the £350 cost.
I had to add another 5% fuel from 7000rpm as it started leaning out so up goes the ol power figures again. :lol:

About bloody time Paul, look forward to seeing what your figures are like now man :twisted:

Friendy said:
Paul

Do you need the us kpro to be able to do this

I would say yes.....however....
The new version of Kmanager now gives us a couple of other outputs we could use.
I did have a play with a JDM kpro and it does accept the arming input, and add the fuel and adjust the ignition the same way the US one does but it didnt give the output. Saying that we only had the 1 option. We now have a couple more so maybe that will be enabled on the Euro ECU. We really need to test it.

Congrats for getting it done :)

Any idea on figures yet from the Dyno :)

Looks impressive, not exactly a stealth install though :)

Tarticus said:
Congrats for getting it done :)

Any idea on figures yet from the Dyno :)

Looks impressive, not exactly a stealth install though :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Then again my car aint exactly stealthy is it when it can be heard over 2 miles away. :oops: :lol:

I have no idea what it will do with this setup only that the very irratic operation of the system I did have should be avoided.

When I had the car on the dyno before the cams went in it made 274 at the wheels.

Hopefully we will see some better times on the stip and piss a few more scooby owners off. :lol:

Friendy said:
excluding the ecu, rough costs :?:

About £600-700 I recon for parts alone. Fitting would be a good day.
You could even go dual stage and run a small "cooling" shot of say 10bhp at the TB so it cools the inlet charge then bang in the biggy direct port one. Thing is with this and the features of the USKpro you dont need to spend silly money on progressive controllers until you go silly big jets, but by the time your doing that your engine will need to be strangthened anyway.

When I had the car on the dyno before the cams went in it made 274 at the wheels.

274 at the wheels ???

erm so at 18% Tranmission losses thats erm 323 BHP at the Fly before Cams ?

Jesus what jets you running on it, thats some mighty BHP

Tarticus said:

274 at the wheels ???

erm so at 18% Tranmission losses thats erm 323 BHP at the Fly before Cams ?

Jesus what jets you running on it, thats some mighty BHP

:lol:

Got a video clip of the dyno run here: http://www.tpwengineering.co.uk/index_files/Gallery_files/TPW NOS power-run before cam install.wmv

Was running a 70 shot. The car made 210 @ wheels NA just before we turned the gas on to do this run.

This was all before I fitted the cams and did this stuff. :wink:

Very very impressive Paul 8) nice neat job with the nozzles in the spacer.

Are you going to Santa Pod on the 9th ?

Matt_D said:
Very very impressive Paul 8) nice neat job with the nozzles in the spacer.

Are you going to Santa Pod on the 9th ?

I don't think I will be allowed as its my daughters birthday. Plus my clutch is a lot knackered and I'm still running std zorst which is very restrictive so it wont be that good.

Will get an idea tomorrow though. I will try and get a couple of runs it at Shakespere but tomorrow is concentrate on a certain "big engine" Civic day. :wink: :wink: :twisted:

Well it works.

Posted my best time of 13.4@110mph. Had a bad shift into 5th as well. :rolleyes:

Everythings stayed nice and tight and it seems very effective. I played safe and massively overfuelled during spraying with the view to tuning once I knew the system works ok. It was running about 11.5-12 AF, and I also had my std zorst on as I blew my Spoon up and am waiting for my Toda to arrive. It will go faster and I recon a 12 should be possible in a few weeks when the car is setup properly. :twisted:

Posted my best time of 13.4@110mph. Had a bad shift into 5th as well. :rolleyes:

Impressive time, looking at club RSX they setting some mental times with chargers and spraying at the same time :)

Looks interesting but just not sure how long there engines are going to last to be honest

Also looking at the Terminal it should be easy to get into the high 12 second bracket I recon :)

Back