• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

First Honda

Bought red black and silver paint today.
The car is mainly plastic underneath so there wasn't a lot that got waxoyl on it.

I've noticed a flat spot when accelerating occasionally what would cause this?

Ok I looked out the hanger door there and it's dry at last.
So, the cars getting some time on it today.
Quick question though, how much gear oil does the gearbox take?

My front grill badge arrived today too:)

Update.:cool:

This weeks postman was kept busy

So today was dry and sunnyish so time to crack on doing little things I wanted to do to make the car more 'mine'.

changed oil and filter
changed gearoil
painted calipers:smt038 at last
sort the annoying noise from the brakes.

Doesnt seem like much when I wright it but crawling on my back doing it felt like millions.
anyway not great pics but they will have to do as I am hopeless with a camera.
Filter

Primed

Started to paint the writing

The badge ( cable tied on until adhesive sets, didnt come with clips )

didnt get to polish it as it started to spit.
[URL=http://s967.photobucket.com/user/misterbell/media/DSC00670_zps6e6b28ca.jpg.html]

[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Painted calipers look smart, i was painting mine red today (Cosmic Grey EP3). I feel what you are saying about crawling on the floor for hours, its really not fun, but the end result looks worth it! How many coats of paint did you apply?

I went over it twice but I also used aircraft primer so I found it went on pretty well too.
The best result was sitting at home after it with a well deserved beer while moaning my backs sore lol

Went into the Honda dealer a few miles from me as my local one was no help, I noticed rust along the top of the window on the roof after a good googling I seen there was action against it.
So I got it checked yesterday and got a call today saying yea they will cover it, waiting on a phone call to cover a couple of other things and its good to go.

Also ordered some spoon socks in blue.

Iv been told if the repair exceeds their designated time slot am I willing to pay the difference. They don't know how much until they strip it ie, take the window out.
I have refused that due to not knowing the cost

Don't blame you, I'd argue it with them! It's a honda fault at the end of the day! Speak to staffs deltic! He had his repaired a week or so ago with no problems whatsoever! He might be able to tell you how long it took!

I'm hoping to get it in next week while I'm away as the cars not needed then but without sounding I want everything for nothing if it's not then I need a courtesy car for the kiddo as the girls using the other car for uni then.
The dealer I'm using have just turned Honda and they said this is their first claim however HAVE been informed by Honda that action is taken against this.
It's basically the whole contribution part I'm waiting to be cleared. I'm not wanting hit with a bill of for example a few hundred quid to repair it after 1. They have my window out the car so are committed to it and 2. They say they would cover it.

Is you wheel color anthracite bud? Looks great agiant the milano, im having mine done later in the month but i cant choose between this or gloss black!

The colour they were painted is a jaguar colour but pretty close yea.
There's someone else on here who's just got their wheels done the same all be it it's a black car but still looks good.

Personally with yours I think black wheels would be a bit much with having the gp kit black.

Take it off and ** look after it on mine :lol:

Ok so I am back from my holiday and its FREEZING !!
still no word from Honda which im Pi55ed at so a little call tomorrow is on the cards.
On the up side my Spoon socks arrrived :)

Loving the little things you have done, sometimes the little things make all the difference.

know what you mean about having to wait to pick it up, put a deposit down on mine on saturday and picking it up this friday. I am like a kids at xmas time lol.

First job for mine is the calipers painted then see how the pennies go from there.

Ok so Honda said its a 5.5 hour job and they will pay 4 hours and I have to do the rest however there is a courtesy car on top of that so it could get pricey.
Just waiting on another call from them to see what they can do.

I also bought eibach springs ( 15mm) ones from stevenmcc on here so thanks mate,. Just waiting on them arriving

Back