• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

First modification

Hi there, can anybody recommend the injen SP1576 air intake system as a first modification to a standard 2005 Ep3. I've seen funky power sell this.
Euro spec in Guildford also fit this with a map I believe anybody had this done there?
http://www.euro-spec2000.co.uk/tuning/honda/civic-type-r-ep3/

You won't be able to map unless you have a K100 or Kpro.

For just an intake a map isn't needed, only if you start going mani & header etc.

As above, you won't need a map for the intake. The EP3 takes very well to a bolt on intake. The KPRO is expensive. Around £700 to get mapped. I have the Tegiwa intake straight on without a map and its fab!

Ok thanks for that info guys! Much appreciated!
Tegiwa intake was one of my first choices, I just wasn't sure of the idea of having to chop up my scuttle panel, If I wanted to I could always buy a replacement panel I guess. It's also quite expensive.

Yeah a little expensive, But when you see it in the bay and you hear the noise of it you won't mind the price you paid! Also you don't have any of the issues to worry about of sucking in water that the likes of the long ram intakes like the Injen have and hydrolocking your engine. The Teg is the best all round package!

The Injen is one of the best induction kits, and are very well priced even brand new when compared with Gruppe M/Teg M.

It's not the Injen CAI that has a problem with Hydrolock, its more the AEM as the filter actually points down, whereas the injen points towards the straight ahead position. That said if you manage to hydrolock the motor you're a bit special!

I would say the Injen would require more maintenance though, due to where it's situated it's more likely to get dirty, faster.

AEM doesn't point down. Either way, the direction it points has no bearing on the likelyhood of hydrolock as you have to almost fully submerge the whole filter before it'll suck up water.

The AEM V1 and Injen are on a par, slightly below the Gruppe/Tegiwa M - both IMO and on the dyno.

CAI's sound deeper and meaner than the M's which sound quite metallic (despite being carbon).

Bang for buck = AEM V1 or Injen CAI
Money no object best avalable = Gruppe M (or teg rep)
JDM whore = Mugen or ARC

Back