• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

First Register PM

lukeykb

Banned
Just a thought chaps that when a new member logs in for the first time he/she gets an automatic pm from admin or whatever giving them hints and tips on how to use the forum.

e.g. use the search button, dont repeat threads, dont bump up threads too often etc. (But obviously phrased a little bit better than that:lol:)

Just generally helping them adhere to forum etiquette.

Now i know a few people wont read them but you will get some that do and hopefully they can help newer members too. This may cut down on a lot of the admin work you guys have to do.

Just thinking outloud really though.

Just a thought chaps that when a new member logs in for the first time he/she gets an automatic pm from admin or whatever giving them hints and tips on how to use the forum.

e.g. use the search button, dont repeat threads, dont bump up threads too often etc. (But obviously phrased a little bit better than that:lol:)

Just generally helping them adhere to forum etiquette.

Now i know a few people wont read them but you will get some that do and hopefully they can help newer members too. This may cut down on a lot of the admin work you guys have to do.

Just thinking outloud really though.

Thanks for the advice, I will speak to Al et al :)lol:) and see what we can do. I think it will be more than a few people who will not read it though, as all of the info is already here in the FAQ section. ;)

Yes this is a good, idea :)

I have thought about this after seeing countless text typing muppets entering the forum :)

just an idea gents really, yeah i see your point about only a select few who will read it. (but the way i see it is, those that do, are usually the most productive members on boards like these and hopefully they will be able to advise other noooobs.) see your point about the faq too bud, it was just in case it is missed out by the hordes who rush straight to the engine section saying "i want a supercharger what shall i get" after seeing one on youtube:lol: .

have to say though so far the site has been impressive, obviously a familiar layout from ctr owners but the general consensus seems a lot more laid back on here which is nice.

Thanks for the advice Luke. We will definately take it into consideration. If we do decide to do this, we will have to design a new FAQ post which is concise and to the point but covers all of the areas that need to. This of course may take some time, but I'll see what I can do when I have some spare time :smt023.

Back