• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

First track day done in new ep3

So did my first track day in my new ep3 at Croft on friday. Was a "Noisy" day at 105 db limit. First issue arrived as the car would only rev to 4000rpm. I believe it had launch control programmed in when remap was carried out, luckily i found this out a coyple of days before hand and after a couple of calls to both javelin and croft i was assured it wouldnt be a issue, which in fairness it wasnt.
Think its my 5th or 6th time doing croft.all the other times have been in my old standardish ep3. All i can say is the cars were night and day different. I felt i was overtaking lots of cars which i shouldnt have been. My mate was in his evo 6. Which i also passed but im putting that down to him having poor geo set up and tyres, i had federal rsr's on, and couldnt fault them at all.
Fantastic day was had. Thinking either big brake kit or coilovers for my next uograde. Happy with power (259bhp)

Good stuff. Having a mapped car makes so much difference when coming out of a corner, just so much more useable.
I'd do coilovers first if I were you , that way you can carry a bit more speed through corners and it's more settled.
Then stick some brakes on it. That's what I done . I word of caution though,, if you go down the coilover route then budget in a rebuild on the coilovers every 2-3 years depending on your mileage and use.

Back