• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

first type r (Milano) FN2

Hi everyone, recently got a type r, it's my first type r and also my first honda, previously I had two 106 gti's and also two abarths but nothing that compares to the type r so far :)

the spec so far is granny spec but looking at a couple of things to get done in the nearest couple months or so.

list:
set of uniroyal rainsport's and ditch the hankook v12's as they are crap.
ferodo ds2500 front pads along with new discs(front and rear)
braided brake lines and either DOT 5.1 or motul rbf 600 brake fluid for better brake pedal feel
valve clearances checked as 75k is just around the corner :( and while at it full service with NGK R IFR7G-11KS or 5310 IK22 Denso iridium for summer time and some Penzoill 0W-30 or maybe castrol 0W-30(unsure which one would be the best)
decent set of shocks or coilovers.

but hey ho, here's some pics, car is due for a wash and polish tomorrow so ill get more pics then :)
IMAG0719.jpg

IMAG0718.jpg

IMAG0720.jpg
IMAG0722.jpg

so far I've managed to replace the old gear gaiter which was looking quite old and faded, got this new one along with a set of seatbelt pads so not too shabby.
IMAG0703.jpg

Nice car and welcome! Brake upgrade I'm glad to see is on your to do list as they're abit of a let down realy. Be good to hear what the uniroyals are like as I will be changing mine in the near future and looking at some options.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

thanks, brake upgrade was at the top of my list, however after getting the tyres checked and having a couple of cracks on three of them it became the top priority, was planning on going for ebc pads but after checking the online reviews they did put me off, was wanting pagid pads on the fn2 but couldn't find anything so ferodos are the next option.

i had uniroyals on my stilo abarth and they did made difference to stopping and also handling in the wet compared to toyos t1r's

I have EBC yellows on mine and are great, Couldn't Fault them but this is on a bbk. So can't speak for them on standard calipers. Had ferodo ds2500 pads on my ep3 and couldn't fault them at all.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Congrats mate. I'm also looking at the brake upgrade as you have mentioned plus looking at getting a set of michelin pilot sports put on.
Let us know how you find the brake upgrade.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Back