• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fitted 35mm springs :( help please..

Afternoon people Ive just bought some 35mm lowering springs. I fitted them this afternoon and now Im getting a weird knocking noise :confused: I have double checked everything but It just boggels me.

The only thing I can think of is that I should cut the bump stops in half and see if that helps.

Has anybody had any trouble with this problem before?

Thanks simon

Yes they are mate, woke up early today im going to put some rubber on the coils to see if that helps reduce some noise. It sounds awfull im tempted to got bk to standard.

The majority of lowering springs do this. The reason is that the coilds of the spring sit closer so when you go over a bump they separate and then knock when the hit back together. You may have noticed that the standard springs have rubber tubes round part of them which helps to stop this, You can buy them from Tein and fit them to your springs and should cure the noise

I was going to say let them bed in first, give it a few months so that the shocks can adjust to them, but it sounds like a ABP thing.

Give them a call see what they suggest.

Stop teasing me. :(

I just saw a CW JDM facelift at the local dealers when I was picking up my bits. It looked quite nice, the wheels were a different white to the rest of it which looked a bit odd. Strange badge on the back too, instead of a Union Jack, it was a Union Jack with a chequered flag underneath. I also got the chance to see the JDM deflectors up close and TBH they weren't all that (big feckin things too).

Stop teasing me. :(

I just saw a CW JDM facelift at the local dealers when I was picking up my bits. It looked quite nice, the wheels were a different white to the rest of it which looked a bit odd. Strange badge on the back too, instead of a Union Jack, it was a Union Jack with a chequered flag underneath. I also got the chance to see the JDM deflectors up close and TBH they weren't all that (big feckin things too).

Probably a respray job.

Nope definately a JDM. It had the climate control like yours rather than the air con. Square plates etc, or do you mean just the wheels?

These arrived today:
Springs.jpg

With the rubber covers too :)

Had the same problem when i fitted Spoon springs to my DC5,it is annoying but i'm kinda used to it now.

Guys, if your springs are knocking its because they aren't aligned properly. The shock body, spring and top mount have to be aligned correctly otherwise the spring will creak and pop each time you touch the steering.

Mines finaly sorted :D I must have taken the front suspension of at least 5 times each side lol.
just a little rubber lube and some heat shrink on the springs and its fine, I get the odd creak but nothing like it was before.

Guys, if your springs are knocking its because they aren't aligned properly. The shock body, spring and top mount have to be aligned correctly otherwise the spring will creak and pop each time you
touch the steering.

:confused: Had mine fitted by abp, might give them a ring and have a word.
Cheers Funky.

Back