• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fitted 35mm springs :( help please..

These arrived today:
Springs.jpg

With the rubber covers too :)

Good springs these, I had them on my clio sport, an had no problems. Lets me know how you get on, as I may get some for the civic.

ow mannn, ive just stumbled across this thread and I was sooo close to deciding on the new ABP springs :( hah. Very off putting as I certainly do not want creaking/knocking suspension - would drive me insannne

Good springs these, I had them on my clio sport, an had no problems. Lets me know how you get on, as I may get some for the civic.

Just great, I see why they are so highly recommended.

Not too low but just enough for the perfect stance IMO.
A little bit of creaking to start with but all gone now they've bedded in.

Could not be happier with them. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice one mate, I'm considering getting these in future but wasn't sure if the ABP - Eibach ones would be as good too because they are 35mm as opposed to 20 on the normal Eibachs.

The last thing I want is noise.

Just double checked with ABP.

Theyre new springs are -30mm, made by eibach and come with the rubber sleeves as above :)

hopefully that means - no noise :)

ive just recieved my springs now im thinking best to get the rubber caseing spring protectors to put on them first, any idea where you can buy these from , jimmy

Ive got the new abp springs on mine and they are great bits of kit, no noises atall.

ive got spoon pro springs on at the mo , and have no clonking of any sort so hopefully there will have the covers on them

I fitted Eibachs on my ST which lowered that by 35mm. I had a knocking noise (intermittent) which never went until i'd done a ton of miles. Almost sounded like the wheel was knocking every revolution on something rubber/plastic.

Mines finaly sorted :D I must have taken the front suspension of at least 5 times each side lol.
just a little rubber lube and some heat shrink on the springs and its fine, I get the odd creak but nothing like it was before.

Have you any pics of the car standard and after mate.
cheers

Please tell me you have pics =P~

Can you post some up mate

thanks in advance

OEM ride height.

SV400324.jpg

Dropped on Eibach springs -20mm (same as above).

SV400414.jpg

Looks Gorgeous rocking both stances (better dropped though; standard)...

Stock wheels are awesome..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back