• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

fitted new suspension.

hi, i fitted my new suspension this weekend.
but i hav a problem..
while driving around at about 40 mph, i can hear a clunking/bangin noise from the rear.
i think it could be arb?

Does anyone have any ideas what this could be?
any suggestions welcome.

Most springs do this mate, some worse than others depending on the position of the rubber bit (cant think what its called) thats meant to stop it

Most springs do this mate, some worse than others depending on the position of the rubber bit (cant think what its called) thats meant to stop it

ok thanks, seems ok at a higher speed.
just mainly want to know that i haven't fitted it wrong?

can you tell me, i will need camber adjustment arms? and bolts for front. not got it alligned yet, just waiting till i get new tyres fitted and then do it.

I think you would feel if they werent fitted correctly, if its driving ok then its cool.

Aye you will need the rear camber arms/front bolts dcdeizgn do the spc ones alot cheaper than anywhere else I found.

I would get them fitted and the car set up before you get the new tyres on as you will prob just shred them otherwise

am not talking about driving around like that for weeks, just till i can find the best place to get it set up.

i should be getting it set up for fast road use???

It wont take long to ruin new tyres if the camber is totally out just now, how low are you down?

Id go to TGM if I were you, no idea how far that is from you but worth it from what I read no one has a bad word to say about Tom

Where abouts is TGM based? i am about 25 - 30mm, i lowering it to what i think looks best.

Back