• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fitted Spoon N1 and a bit disappointed

I fitted a Spoon N1 a couple of days ago and I'm a bit dissapointed.

Its just the back box with standard b-pipe. It just seems to be very deep and boomy at town speeds.

I was expecting something more high-pitched and raspy. It might just be what it sounds like in the car and from the outside it could sound awesome but is it supposed to be a constant drone at low speed?

If I fit the spoon or another silenced b-pipe will it sound different?

Just after some advice really, it might be that I'm getting old lol!

How do the Fujitsubo RM-01A and Toda Catbacks sound inside the cabin in compariason to the Spoon?

i had a unsilenced toda exhaust and it was nice. wasnt sonic boomy at all, if you want to move-i mean move- it was loud. start up sounded awesome too. especially in the garage. the whole house heard it. you should have played with youtube and heard sound clips before purchasing though mate.

I think I'm making it sound worse than it is lol. I need to get some one to drive it for me so I can hear it from the outside. At the moment it just seems to be a constant drone and not very nice sounding but it might be just the perspective of sitting inside the car.

No exhaust sounds high pitched and raspy at low revs, it's high up in the rev range they start to sound how they should.

My old EP3 with a Spoon N1 and standard B-pipe:

[video=youtube;OigJe8Ej0ac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OigJe8Ej0ac[/video]

I did prefer the sound with the Spoon B-pipe fitted though, vid of that here:

[video=youtube;NxD9VP54TtY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxD9VP54TtY[/video]

RM01A is a excellent exhaust, its not droney or too loud, but lets you know its there when you're higher up the rev range with WOT.

Although I'm sick of telling people that now :lol: .

RM01A is a excellent exhaust, its not droney or too loud, but lets you know its there when you're higher up the rev range with WOT.

Although I'm sick of telling people that now :lol: .

I hear that, I am also sick of answering questions relating to Spoon N1's and un-silenced b-pipes :eek:

God dayum CTR noobs.

I feel like a bit of a dick now, sorry. I think I need to hear it from outside, I knew it would be loud and don't have a probelm just didn't think that it would be such a deep and basey tone

The two vids that loxy posted definately hepled me when thinking of purchasing it. Silenced B pipe next I think...

im running a spoon exhaust to and all back box's running without b-pipes do sound dissapionting. iv jus bought a spoon b-pipe and a spoon 2-1 manifold which decats the car and it does put a smile on my face now lol

I have a Spoon N1, the sound is great, not sure what your prob is to be honest mate lol

Now I've had it on for a few weeks it has really grown on me. Its not overly offensive round town and sounds nice when giving it some.

Id love to know what it sounds like from outside though so I'll have to get a mate to have a go in it.

i think the sound of your exhaust changes slightly a few weeks after fitting, that may have been the problem

Odd that you're so keen on hearing it from outside the car - I've always been of the opinion that the sound to you matters and the sound to the people outside doesn't :lol:

i know exactly what you mean about the n1, although mine was fine around town on the motorway at about 4-5k it was really droney, although it was fitted with a 2.5" silenced b pipe and a header which i think made it alot louder, also don't think the baffles were 100%. love the sound of it but just couldn't hear myself think on motorway journeys, also think its the best looking exhaust for a ctr. now have a toda and really do love it, sounds good on full chat but is quiet when needs be.

I hear that, I am also sick of answering questions relating to Spoon N1's and un-silenced b-pipes :eek:

God dayum CTR noobs.

Because 95% of people still link dB's to speed. So that makes a 1000cc citroen saxo with unsilenced exhaust go faster than a BMW 335d in noobs words.
The day people understand sound and speed don't really connect each other, the questions around those back boxes + b-pipes will stop...

Back