• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fitting a LSD

hi, I just wondered what fitting a LSD is going to involve on a civic type r. I'm a mechanic so not worried about actually getting the gearbox out, its the actual removing and fitting of the differential that's a bit alien to me. Where I work you generally replace units rather than taking components apart.
It's not something that'll happen that soon, possibly beginning of the new year. just wondered if special tools were needed or whether its basically separate the gearbox, remove the diff and replace.

cheers
darren

You either need to remove a pressed bearing from your OEM diff or preferably press a new bearing onto your slippy diff. There's also some shim gap that needs setting but I don't know anything about it.

There's a bloke on here who put a diff in himself, he put loads of pictures up of the 'box in bits on his build thread. He'd be worth asking. Can't remember his username though sorry.

Cool cheers, hazz. I'm still googling and searching so hopefully I'll come across it at some point.
I've got a press at work so that shouldn't be a problem.

Back