• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

fitting alpine head unit

Hi had my car for a month now was wondering could someone help me with fitting my alpine head unit don't know where to start from thanks haz.

Worth getting a fascia adapter too, the Autoleads one was a bit of a duff fit from memory.

I ended up respraying the one I got to better match the factory paint, used a Vauxhall colour of all things. If you need the paint name I'll try and dig it out.

IMG_4679_zps360a75a9.jpg

Worth getting a fascia adapter too, the Autoleads one was a bit of a duff fit from memory.

I ended up respraying the one I got to better match the factory paint, used a Vauxhall colour of all things. If you need the paint name I'll try and dig it out.

IMG_4679_zps360a75a9.jpg
Where can I get the fascia adaptor from.... And also I do have the exact same unit as above can you help me with how to take the usb cable out from underneath thanks.

I drilled a hole in the upper part of the cubby hole from the back (it's my style).

Feed cable through from the other side, tie up what you don't need (1 metre iPhone cable goes a long way!) and tuck under the head unit.

Paint wise I think it's called "Star Silver".

As in micro-usb to android device?

The back of the head unit has a female USB pigtail that'll take whatever cable you need for your device.

Basically what I need to do is to connect a usb extension cable on back and in front I will plug in a san disk usb mate any way of fitting this????

Oh right, I see what you mean.

Yeah total doddle. Basically you're after one of these:

63_USB%20Extension%20Cable%20USB%20Company.jpg

Then either route it through to the glove compartment, or as above drill the top of the cubby hole and route the cable through there. Or you could pop it out of the ashtray for ease of access and discretion. Your call. :)

You can fit without fascia, but you'll have a recessed gap around the stereo that looks a bit naff.

Yes you need an ISO adaptor for any after market unit regardless of fascia.

That's fine. I'm going for Rockford t162's for the front and t1693's for parcel shelf wll the t162's be ok for front they are 6.5"

Don't bother with the rear or parcel shelf. Just use quality components at the front. I'm sue this has been covered before

Back