• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fitting B Pipe Advice

I currently have an unsilenced B Pipe fitted to my EP3 and I might fit the original Honda B Pipe back on. The unsilenced one has only been on a couple of weeks so I don't think it will require any grinding to remove the bolts.

Is it a case of simply undoing the bolts, removing the pipe and then screwing the original pipe back on? Is it that simple or is there some thing else I should be aware off or need to do?

No, it's that simple. If you didn't fit a new gasket when the Unsilenced one went on I'd probably get a new one. £11 IIRC

No, it's that simple. If you didn't fit a new gasket when the Unsilenced one went on I'd probably get a new one. £11 IIRC

I did get some gaskets for the B Pipe and might have some spares.

Do you think it would be possible to fit with the car parked up or possibly jacked up a little? I don't have access to a ramp etc or will it be too difficult?

I've done it on my driveway before but it's a real pain to get the leverage on the bolts. It's dooable... But you'll get annoyed.

I've done it on my driveway before but it's a real pain to get the leverage on the bolts. It's dooable... But you'll get annoyed.

Thanks Hazz. I though that might be the case :)

Did you jack you car up at all or just crawl under it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its the Sportex B Pipe. We have a few severe speed bumps around here and its scrapping on them. In the Sportex thread in this section I have just this minute posted a picture. Not sure if its hanging lower than normal or its just the nature of the speed bumps around here. Even my wife has noticed it when going on certain speed bumps. Don't really want to do any more damage.

This, I ended up cutting the heads off the 3 bolts at the cat end because they were solid

I very much doubt the bolts will be seized as the OP says the pipe has only been on a couple of weeks. Well worth a go yourself IMO

i doubt you would be able to get at the bolts at the cat end without jacking the car up, get it up on axle stands and have a go at it! as Craig said its unlikely the bolts will be seized after being on such a short amount of time

I changed mine on an axle stand and its a pain in the backside but it its worth it rather than paying a garage.

Back