• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fitting BMC CAI pipe

Hobbes

Walking Stiffy
Hi guys,
Could perhaps do this myself as the CAI pipe arrives the other day, so has anyone got any advice/steps on how to fit this bad boy?

Cheers fellas.

8)

Have you got the filter on yet mate?

The cold air feed pipe just need to be jubilee clipped onto the 'AIRFLOW' side of the CDA. Make sure you get the filter the correct way round!!

Then just have the black corrugated air feed pipe heading off towards the passanger side wheel arch.

Wanna meet up for a beer this weekend? I can fit the filter for you. And no thats not me asking you out ona date you poof :lol:

Has been talked about alot before. For best results you need it going into the wheel arch, althought people have said having the pipe face straight down gives you similar results? Mines coming off at the weekend for a cleaning, wanna see what it's like stock again too. Had it on about a week after i got the car, :lol:

Well I fitted it over the weekend and its nestling now just nicely going into the wheel arch.

We did have a little issues as if you take the pipe towards the wheelarch as the crow flies, you go straight through your steering rod!

So with a bit of cuttong and re-shaping (of the pipe) it is now sitting at the top of the wheel arch, out the way of the wheels and the rod and sucking away nicely!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Back