• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fitting flush rear seat belts

Bit of a long shot but worth a go; My other half has got her eye on a new baby seat for the car, problem is this particular baby seat only works with flush rear seat belts and the FD2s protrude through the seats. The sales guy mentioned that some car manufacturers are able to alter the rear seat belts so they fit flush in the seat, anyone know if this is something that can be done for the FD2 (I assume the FN2 is the same?), or is there anything I can do to achieve this?

Any very decent car seats now use the ISOfix feature that is fitted to all cars, I know the FN2 has this but not sure about the FD2. The feature means the child seat is secured directly to the body of the car rather than via the seat belts meaning it is much firmer and safer for the child. I wouldn't get a car seat without it as they have been proven to be infallible (sorry for spelling).
If you have ISOfix there should be a little button on the seats with it written on if not pull down the gap between the bench and the back and see if there are 2 metal loops either side of the seat (Should be 4 in total) and that means you have it and I would go for one with this system.
Hope this is of some help :)

I don't like children but if you're into keeping them safe then ISOfix FTW.

The FD2 has ISOFIX and it would be my fitting of choice, however baby is now getting quite big and has almost outgrown his newborn car seat, but is not yet old enough to go in a forward facing seat. This means we need a 0+ car seat and none of the ones we have seen are ISOFIX.

Hence why I am wondering if I can replace my current rear seat belts to get the new baby seat we have our eye on.

Unfortunately Recaro don't do a 0+ child seat we like, theirs is designed to be rear facing permanently which tbh is pretty poor.

Back