• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fitting JDM wind deflectors help please.

I took delivery of these the other day and got round to fitting them yesterday, only to find out they're a pig to fit with the clips and tape supplied.

I managed to fit them but they're not completely flush around the outside of the door/top of window. Is this normal or are they supposed to sit flush?

Drivers side best pic showing not flush around edge:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/50800799@N08/4799205703/

Passenger side:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/50800799@N08/4799199133/in/photostream/

I found the last clip to push on, the one to the rear of the door, wouldn't hold onto the door frame properly and the deflector started to drop down, this caused the tape to stick where I didn't want it to and they now don't sit flush.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated :)

Scott

Edit: Just realised this may not be in the right place mods, so please accept apologies and move if applicable :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Some fit well some don't I ended up snapping mine in rage.

For the price of them Dotty I think it's ridiculous they don't fit perfectly!!!

I remember seeing just one in the FS section and remember the quote from the fella saying he'd snapped it whilst fitting, could of been you :lol:

I was thinking to myself whilst taking off to re-fit "please don't snap ffs, please don't snap!" :lol:
Would the tape supplied be ok to re-fit after taking off do you think? Suits has just said to just use the tape and sack the clips off.

Sounds crazy but I enjoy fitting these..I have fitted to all my Honda's apart from the DC5 ..

I fitted some recently to a EP3 & had no problems, when the tape stick it really sticks & you have to get it right first time, they are supposed to fit flush but I don't think they look out of the way on yours !!

I wouldn't try & move them now either as the tape will fail !

these are very hit and miss i have redone mine a few times because i am unhappy but the end result is the same every time, great piece of kit though.

When I fitted mine I put the deflector on with the protective cover still on the tape, got it in place with the clips then VERY carefully so I didnt scratch the door or sills , got a needle and picked off a corner of the tape and peeled away the cover and it stuck down perfect :D ...

I did the first one how you described and got the same problem, so ended up buying a single one on e-bay that I waited ages for :lol:

Just use the tape, its fine.

Mine stayed put for over two years and when I removed them I had to use a Stanley knife to cut them away from the car as the tape was still that strong.

See above fella ;) A few people have said it'll be fine for fitting, just make sure you degrease the areas where the tape will stick to and it should be fine :D Good luck :D

Scott

Had mine on now for a while Chase, thankyou all the same though, a good place for others to find advice if they have problems :D

Back