• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

fitting rear view camera

just recently bought a rearview camera from fleabay, but it came with no instructions :roll:
just need to know how to wire it up onto my sterio system.
(1) The camera has a red/yellow wire attached on it.
(2)another wire which extend the yellow one
(3) A wire which attaches to the red camera but has to Red/Black wires at the end.
i assume the yellow cable is attached to the video in Or Out . But im confuse of where to connect the Red/Black cable to.
i saw a site here which shows this http://www.kgbcameras.co.uk/cameras/car-reverse-camera.htm
but where do i find it in my car sterio ?

just recently bought a rearview camera from fleabay, but it came with no instructions :roll:
just need to know how to wire it up onto my sterio system.
(1) The camera has a red/yellow wire attached on it.
(2)another wire which extend the yellow one
(3) A wire which attaches to the red camera but has to Red/Black wires at the end.
i assume the yellow cable is attached to the video in Or Out . But im confuse of where to connect the Red/Black cable to.
i saw a site here which shows this http://www.kgbcameras.co.uk/cameras/car-reverse-camera.htm
but where do i find it in my car sterio ?

PM RickHondaR (Soon to be RickToyotaTRD). He's a sparky and should be able to help you.

I would guess that the red is the live power feed and the black is the earth. Any pictures?

EDIT

from the link you posted...

car-re5.jpg

I would guess that the red is the live power feed and the black is the earth. Any pictures?

EDIT

from the link you posted...

car-re5.jpg
yeah i assume so to, but where do i find the live feed / earth ? When i asked the guy at the shop to show me how easy to install it was a mere few mins. Shame i didnt pay enough attention

The feeds are easy, take the live feed from the reversing light in the rear cluster and the earth is on the chassis, our use the earthing point behind the rear cluster too. Yellow will be visual input in to the moniter! should be a 10 minute job as all the wires and feeds are there.

very easy to fit. where are you going to mount the camera - i think thats a harder choise!?

The feeds are easy, take the live feed from the reversing light in the rear cluster and the earth is on the chassis, our use the earthing point behind the rear cluster too. Yellow will be visual input in to the moniter! should be a 10 minute job as all the wires and feeds are there.

very easy to fit. where are you going to mount the camera - i think thats a harder choise!?
ahhh thanks. But complete noobie when it comes to installing these. Where do i connect the red wire ? you mention to feed it on the reversing light, but how do i know which ones is it and where it at ?

thanks for the help so far, you are making it alot clearer for me :p

ok, have you got a mulit meter? if not take the rear cluster out (the one with the reversing light in) look at the light and then look at the back so you know where the reversing bulb will be, there will be a bulb holder with the wires going into the all the loactions on the cluster, just pick one of the 2 wires going into the reversing bulb location the reversing light.

If you have a muiti meter its alot easier, with the black probe put that on an earth (seat belt point, boot catch) the red one touch the small metal bits within the cluster at the end od the wire, you will know when you have the right wire because when the car is in reverse the meter will read 12.xxx volts then when you select any other gear (other than reverse) it will read 0.000 volts - heance making it switch on when you select reverse and then turning off then you dont need it - ppphhheeewww!! #-o

I hope thats clear and i havnt rambbled on to much, id you really get such gimme a shout and ill pm you my number and i can explain it over the phone! Good luck matey! :D

Back