• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fitting stereo

Hey everyone.

I bought a new stereo today and iv been told its a nightmare to fit it. apparently you have to take the dash out and by a blanking plate aswell.

Is this true. is it worth doing or should i send it back and just keep the standard one.

Cheers,

Chris

You will need a blanking plate, and to remove some of the dash too - but it's worth doing IMO.

There is nothing wrong with the standard stereo - but always nicer to add your own touch to the car 8)

Halfords should be able to fit it for you for about £30 - bet they'll have the surround in stock too if you fancy doing it yourself :wink:

Chris - I had 2 different stereos in there.

Blanking plate is gone.

It will take you 5 mins if that to take the stereo out :wink:

Cool. cheers both for that.

think il just take it to halfords and say i want this in my car please :lol:

Watto155 said:
Cool. cheers both for that.

think il just take it to halfords and say i want this in my car please :lol:

£39.99 for fitting

facia plate is about £20, but is special order, will take them 2 days to get

you will also need ISO adapter that will be in stock at £13.49.

If u dont fancy paying £40 for fitting, have a word with the audio fitter, he might do private work in his own time, or maybe a fourm member will help you out for a beer or 2 :wink:

cheers mate thanks for the info.

havent got the stereo yet, ordered it today so least now i know what to do when it comes.

If Dotty had aftermarket stereo in there (which he did) the ISO adapter could still be attatched, unless he really did remove 'every' mod :lol:

Watto155 said:

Its upto you really, imo they look crap. Here's my old one without a facia;

y23lmx.jpg

I'm on about doing mine myself, as every car i've had i've always fitted the stereo. Which ISO adapter do i need? I've been told at halfords its the accord 98> one. Is this right?

Storry said:
I'm on about doing mine myself, as every car i've had i've always fitted the stereo. Which ISO adapter do i need? I've been told at halfords its the accord 98> one. Is this right?

Yes mate

Back