• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fitting Tanabe front strut bar.

CSB

I will be fitting a Tanabe front strut bar to my EP3 soon and was wondering what torque you tighten to?

Last edited by a moderator:
44N.m (4.5 kgf.m, 33 lb/ft)

Although I just did mine to the torque FT

Just gone to fit this and there is just quite not enough clearance for the Itg maxogen. I can get it in but it pushes the filter down a little. Is this a major problem?

So mixed results. It's in now but it does sit on the ITG Maxogen, not enough pressure to cause a problem though I don't think. During the last moments of fitting however, I dropped a washer under the manifold cover. After retrieving the washer I then promptly dropped a bolt for the manifold cover into the engine bay, it didn't drop through to the floor below and I've just spent the last hour or so looking for it. Nothing it. Fell into a black hole. Great.

Anyone know where to get a new bolt?

Here's a picture:
tv2Nk.jpg

I've since found the manifold cover bolt, my eagle eyed and slender handed work colleague found and retrieved it for me. ;)

I'm still looking on advice about the bar lightly touching the ITG. Is this going to cause me trouble?

I'm still looking on advice about the bar lightly touching the ITG. Is this going to cause me trouble?

Looks like it's leaving a mark on the ITG, my take the bar out while I work out how to raise the bar a few mil or drop the ITG. Any suggestions?

Back