• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fixed but still not perfect

Head is having a complete refurb at a engine builders next door to the garage where it's being repaired, head will be skimmed, 3 angle cut on the valve seats, lots of other bits and pieces that I didn't really understand/ remember but I'm confident that it will be like a new head once it's back and fitted.

Engine builder has told / showed me that the valve guides are old / worn there is excess play with the new valve in the guides . I am now having new valve guides fitted, no point doing all this work and not doing it properly. Linking this thread to my project / show ground thread for future reference

Waiting for the right sized valve guides, the first ones were too small in total diameter. Fingers crossed the right ones turn up tomorrow , then with any luck it will all be fitted back to the block on Monday. Then get a rolling road session booked. Going to give eurospec a try

Head all back together and on the block, went for RR today and AFR's checked- all ok tiny bit lean at VTEC but then richen's up. Dyno operator said nothing to be concerned about. BUT power at the wheels is down
:-( it was 162 at the fly compared to 185 at the fly 2 years ago. I'm going to run the new head in for a few hindered hours then have valve clearances re checked, then Comp test then RR to see what's what

All running spot on now. Valve clearances checked and re adjusted. Spark plugs have been re gapped and tiny split in exhaust back box welded up. Producing nice healthy compression as well! She's running sweet now. Just need the weather to get a bit dryer

Back