• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 FK2/FK8 sportline wheels

I'm going to get a set of FK2 wheels for my FK8. Unsure yet whether it will be a temporary stopgap while I save for some forged rims or whether I'll end up with them longer term. The 20's will get safely tucked away while they're still a round shape!
I'm sure I won't be the first person to have done this. They seem a good option to keep things pretty OEM as I've found that these are the exact wheels the sportline model uses, just with a newer centre cap design.

My question is, what tyre size should I run them on? FK2 standard size I think is 235 35 but I'm thinking of going at least 245 maybe 255? It would be helpful to know what the sportline model runs but I couldn't find these details.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

According to one site its saying 245 35 is what the sportline runs on but if someone could confirm for sure that would be appreciated. Also would a 255 be ok? Only thinking of future proofing if I was to upgrade to 19 x 9.5j wheels eventually that they would have more reusability just swapping tyres over but obviously not if its going to be detrimental in the short term.

I can confirm that the Sportline comes with 19”FK2 wheels without the red rim line (and painted a different colour). So offset is ET 60 same as OEM FK8 GT 20” wheels. Tyres are 245/35 r19 Michelin pilot sport 4s on the sport line - which is probably the best option for you to use. It may be of interest to note that Honda sells the FK2 wheels as a winter package for the FK8 complete with Continental winter tyres - size 235/35 r19.
This site is excellent for checking out which wheels fit on what:
https://www.wheel-size.com/size/honda/civic-type-r/2021/
Use the tyre calculator at the top of the page to check fitments against one another. 255’s look like they will fit; will be 5mm nearer the suspension and stick out 5mm more than 245’s.
Tegiwa often have a 10% off offer which is worth looking out for If you don’t plan to purchase wheels immediately. Last one was at Christmas. There is often a 10% offer at the end of summer too.
hope that helps.

Last edited:
I ran the FK2 wheels with 245/45/19 Michelin PS4S on my FK8. The rolling diameter was only a few mm off the stock 20" and the offset is the same.

I found turn in didn't feel quite as sharp as the 30 series on the 20" but it wasn't that far off and the extra comfort and potentially not damaging rims was worth it. Going to 255/35 would probably reduce the feel and turn in even further without gaining a lot in comfort so I'm glad I went for 245/35.

I ran the FK2 wheels with 245/45/19 Michelin PS4S on my FK8. The rolling diameter was only a few mm off the stock 20" and the offset is the same.

I found turn in didn't feel quite as sharp as the 30 series on the 20" but it wasn't that far off and the extra comfort and potentially not damaging rims was worth it. Going to 255/35 would probably reduce the feel and turn in even further without gaining a lot in comfort so I'm glad I went for 245/35.
The turn in of the standard 20” wheels is fantastic. I’ve got fk2 wheels with winter tyres, and concur that turn in is not so addictive (probably even less so with winters). Very hard decision whether or not to sacrifice it even slightly! Financially it makes perfect sense!
I ran your 245/45r19 choice through the calculator:

all very marginal of course, but high lights are: 24mm increase in rolling radius and a small effect on negative scrub.
When speedometer reads 60 km/h actual speed will be 64.4 km/h
The performance changes at the bottom of the page are interesting too.

Thanks for all the valuable info guys. Just got back from the tyre shop now almost £600 lighter after picking up 4 x Pilot Sport 4S!
On the plus side 4 x the conti’s on the 20inch would have been nearer to £800 plus the additional cost of pulling nails every other week!!
I headed over to the FK2 owners area to see what they were running and a couple guys went 255 width which is much more common on the likes of BMW etc which interestingly are also reportedly running an 8.5j rim.
Obviously I’ll get a little more ‘squish’ than the 20 inch rim but for me the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.
A quick blast up a short hill by me could normally see me fully break traction in 2nd with my foot flat. Today they’re not even run in and they broke traction for a split second before hooking back up again.
Performance aside though, it’s primarily a daily and less concern over potholes plus a saving of £50 per corner are where I see the benefits. Plus some added rim protection of course with less tyre stretch.
Here’s the stats:

Couple pics to show how they sit but you’ll have to excuse all the tyre soap!

Back