• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2: Low Tire Pressure Light On :(

Hi all!

its me again lol...besides my other thread with the Low Oil Level Light, i now have the below lights on. my ride is a 2015 Civic Type R FK2

2016_06_03_PHOTO_00011336.jpg

this is the "Low Tire Pressure Light" yea? but i just went to the gas station and checked all my tires they are all alright and all 4 wheels are now running 32psi, so the only questions remain:

1) why is this light on :(
2) the ECU should calibrate each wheel every time the car starts yea? with this light on, does it mean it doesn't calibrate on its own?
3) or is it that i have to turn this light off manually by myself?

THANKS YOU GUYS ARE ALL SOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! please reply shortly :)

Last edited by a moderator:
They might not have all been 32 before, but they should be 34 front and 31 rear anyway. The label is in the drivers side door shut.

It doesn't initialise each time you start as how would it tell you if one tyre had a puncture or someone had let the air out while you were parked and had the engine turned off...

You reset it in the menu under "initialise system" on the tyre pressure monitor sub system.

All stuff that is in the manual.

Yep, it's in the manual, a surprisingly involved process to reset it though. I had problems with mine in the snow, as far as I can tell the system is measuring either vibration/wheel balance or speed differential between the wheels. So it could be an unbalanced wheel or aquaplaning.

Measures wheel speed. Under inflated tyre has a smaller rolling circumference and will have a different wheel speed. Problem is with low profile tyres the system is more sensitive and can flag up in other scenarios such as a large difference in tread depth between tyres.

It's only ever come on with mine when I swapped the winter wheel on and off.

if its the same as bmw's etc sometimes If you hit a pot hole hard it can put the pressure light on so you need to reset them.

THANKS GUYS!

found the function in the menu!

i "initialised" it instead of "cancelling" it, the all the Low Tire Pressure lights are off :)

Back