• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Fk2 mystery of rear doors seals

I noticed alot of road splashing on the sills of the rear doors. Inspected bottom of actual doors and noticed there was no seals on them. The bottom edges of the front doors have though. Can anyone confirm if they are missing or otherwise.
Thanks
Annie

I've noticed the same and mine doesn't have them.

It's never crossed my mind to check the wife's 1.8 FK to see if that has them or not. If I remember, I'll check tonight.

Hi Guys. I've just checked mine and maybe I'm not fully understanding. Are you guys missing the black rubber strips? I have them on mine.

yzY9lp8l.jpg

MsIawNMl.jpg

Hope this helps.

No. Look at the very bottom edge of the door. You'll have a rubber strip on the front but not the rear. It's separate from the door seal.

Ohhhh I see. I don't see a problem with the way the rear doors are now. Will keep an eye on this topic though.

Thanks for the info. The rear doors have the bottom corner rubbers, then they just stop, seems odd that they didn't carry on along bottom edge like the front doors.
Annie

Front door CTR, rubber on the bottom edge:

IMAG4030.jpg

Rear door CTR, no rubber:

IMAG4031.jpg

Corner where it stops CTR:

IMAG4032.jpg

Rear door 1.8 common and garden 9th Gen Civic FK2, with seal:

IMAG4033.jpg

Same rubber in corner 1.8 common and garden 9th Gen Civic FK2:

IMAG4034.jpg

The only thing I can think is that the rubber strip catches on the extended rear arch trim and they've not changed the tooling from the regular 9th Gen and just left the rubber off the CTR.

You'll be able to buy the strip and add it yourself, but as above I've got a theory as to why it's missing.

Back