• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 Rear fog light - Numpty question

Hi; as the owner of R-0663 ex-Japan, I have a question regarding the lower rear red fog 'light' between the pipes. Does it work?

As I would expect there would be a separate toggle on the stalk for turning this on but only the front fogs have this. Does that mean as standard it is only a reflector??

OR .....

Is it normally managed through the Honda head-unit of which I didn't have and therefore not selectable through menus!! :rolleyes: Comments appreciated.

Nope ...............

Hi Jasonstatus;
No selection on the stalk - see photos. - turned on every combination. Maybe a GT option or not part of the Japan export group !?!?!?!?!?!

Attachments

• IMG_6591.JPG
    IMG_6591.JPG
    308.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6593.JPG
    IMG_6593.JPG
    232.6 KB · Views: 23
Oh yeah. Looks to be the case then mate. Your stalk looks different to mine.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Although every car i have imported from japan i have had to fit a rear fog light for MOT purposes.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Although every car i have imported from japan i have had to fit a rear fog light for MOT purposes.

I was just going to say this, it isn't a requirement in Japan to have one fitted.

If the lens is there it might just be a case of fitting the bulb, holder and loom then getting it to a switch. Get the parts from one of the traders on here and away you go. Shouldn't be a difficult job for an auto-electrician.

Cheers Loxy - was thinking the same thing. I'll make enquiries with one of the site's traders and go from there; I can have HONDA here in Tauranga fit it up. Cheers Chris

I find this odd as all the FK2's were built in Swindon and exported to Japan. Its strange that they would have built a different model to export to the JDM market.

If they left the fog light lens in the bumper, why go to the trouble of removing the loom and changing the stalk.

Parts must be available to convert it back.

JDM EP3s were built at Swindon yet had LSDs, no indicators in the front wings, different ECUs, inlet manifold and so on. The Jap market has often had different spec cars even when built in the UK.

I read somewhere that all JDM FK2's were non-GT models, although they all have the bumper red GT stripes and some of the GT goodies etc.

The reverse is true for New Zealand. They got only GT models. but their bumpers do not have GT stripes and do not have some of the GT goodies.

Honda are odd.

JDM cars don't have rear fogs, they have a flare in the passenger footwell as you can see to the left.
177257ee0cc1db5cc98b7f197e2ab042.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Yes - I read also that Japan only got non-GTs. Sounds like they did indeed get their own spec.

New Zealand never got any FK2 CTRs - domestically we had the bread-and-butter version of the Civic and missed out on any hot version.

The only CTRs here are privately imported/ dealer import (like mine was). Like the rest of the world we are getting the FK8 only now. 1x batch of 19 has arrived (September/ October) and if I were to order one today (NZ$59995) it will not ARRIVE until November 2018 !!

Back