• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 FK8 How many have wrecked Alloys so far ???

I have done 3.5k miles in my FK8

Struck a pot hole over a week ago and buckled the Alloy in the N/S/F wheel, damaged the tyre side wall as a bonus ordered a replacement Alloy and tyre.

On checking the other Alloys, my O/S/F Alloy has a slight buckle too.

Going back to the dealer tomorrow. I have had multiple performance cars, without issue.

Are these Alloys exceptionally soft, at this rate I will have replaced every Alloy before the car is a year old.

Would like to know if anyone else has damaged Alloys so far ?

Attachments

• 5E91497D-B035-4F68-8E53-B1D1B427D266.jpeg
    5E91497D-B035-4F68-8E53-B1D1B427D266.jpeg
    690 KB · Views: 199
  • E01996A7-E7C9-4CA0-A5F3-D00A5EA14BF1.jpeg
    E01996A7-E7C9-4CA0-A5F3-D00A5EA14BF1.jpeg
    725.1 KB · Views: 163
  • 36FAE115-36A7-4F91-A7BC-07577D97996D.jpeg
    36FAE115-36A7-4F91-A7BC-07577D97996D.jpeg
    788.5 KB · Views: 153
Not good,since no way are Honda going to accept this is a warranty issue.
Buy a set of FK 2 wheels?
Use comfort setting a lot?
Question...in theory do you reduce possible rim damage by increasing or reducing tyre pressures?

20" Rims with low profile tyres and pot holes is not a good combination, the first picture has taken a proper hit I suspect that almost any alloy of any size would have taken a hit. We have been through 4 wheels on my wife's MY09 Fiesta in 9 years, 16" rims, we found some tyres offered better protection than others. Gone through two springs in that time too.

Our roads are bad, photograph the pot hole and put a claim into the council.

I took a chunk out of mine of Friday and it ruined my weekend, and hers as naturally it was her fault although she had nothing to do with it

This was self inflicted though - your buckling is quite incredible, not seen anything like that before...

For cosmetic damage, I spoke with Phil at Dream Automotive and he can mend them for £95 a corner. As I have touched it up with Halfords Gloss black touch up pen, I am now going to wait for more damage....as its inevitable with the pot holes in this country

Having an option though means I am now talking to the missus again....

Not on this car , but I did on an fk2 when boarding the eurotunnel .. lesson learnt - book high vehicle crossing in future.

got a 2 inch long small scuff on the edge of my near side rear as whilst turning left the guy turning right into the road i was coming out of turned way too early and i had to pull in sooner the avoid him. just touched the edge of the curb ;(

It's not really noticeable, but i notice it ;(

I curbed my front nearside alloy at work in the first few weeks of ownership before I’d got used to the width of the FK8 and was gutted. It’s a fair bit wider than my previous car. Can’t get used to the length of the bonnet though. Keep parking in supermarket car parks leaving a gap of about 3 foot in front of me! :eek:

No issues so far on the FK8 wheels. The paint literally flaked off the edges on my FK2 wheels. The FK8 wheels seem to painted a little better.

Ouch

Ryan, how much is a new wheel from Honda?

They are £420 plus vat each.

I have x 2 back ups in my garage.
649eb53b925b4e67ecc6b848c83fa731.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got 2 tyres and x1 alloy bill was £980 incl vat. So reckon alloy must be about £580. This must be a defect two of the alloys have got out of shape with no significant impact and no damage to tyre. Fair enough I nailed one I couldn’t avoid and it wrecked the tyre. At this rate every alloy will be new before its first service

Back