• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Trim Rattle

I need to remove the internal plastic trim up the R/H side of the windscreen as there seems to be an annoying rattle coming from behind there. It does say at the top of the trim {Side Curtain Airbag}. I'd imagine it would just pull off but I thought I would check first. I've not yet tried to remove it.

I remember seeing a YouTube video of this exact thing! iirc the guy pulled the trim off carefully and it just has push clips under, used some foam backed tape bear the bottom as it sits really close to the air bag module

Thanks Mick. I attacked the problem this afternoon. I found that the {Side Curtain Airbag} is actually a cover over a 5mm screw and once I removed it the trim came off easily. I stuck a piece of foam to the trim and refitted it. I would say the electrical connector down at the bottom was the cause of the rattle, which was intermittent. Time will tell.

Back