• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Fk8 wheel sizes for winter tyres

Altho we are in a hot period i'm looking into winter wheels & tyres, The more i'm looking into sizes & fitment the more i am getting lost.

I currently have standard FK8 20" rims and tyres,
Now my thoughts were,
1.Go get a cheap set of wheels for winter tyres & change them later from a breakers yard etc. (sizes & offsets i need help with)
2.try source winter tyres for the standard setup
3. Source some smaller FK2 wheels

I have been scrolling the forum & just getting myself lost and looking for some advice & experience

I contacted a local breakers yard and they said they have a set of 2016 Civic sport 17" alloys that would fit???
Has anyone ever tried 17's on a FK8?
My immediate reaction is i doubt it but the breakers yard were adamant that they will

Thanks

What’s wrong with the ones that are fitted? I’ve now driven through two winters, including standing water and snow/ice with no problems.

Same here, I have a set of snow socks in the boot if I ever get caught out, it isn’t my daily though if it was I would 100% use winters as I live in an area where for the majority of the year winter tyre is best.

It's more for my Mrs.

As she travels to various venues during the winter period that are pretty remote locations

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back