• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Flashpro help

Hi to all
I had to remove rear seats to sort a problem out. Whilst the seats were removed I started the car to see if the problem I had was fixed. It was, but I had a "check system" warning on dash with seat and seatbelt picture. I have put rear seats back in and plugged the sensors back in. However the fault still remains on the dash. Can I use flashpro to reset the fault? If so please explain how

Thanks in advance

I retraced my steps and checked all wiring. It turns out one of the clips underneath the front seat wasn't quite pushed in properly. Now all is good again.
I would still be interested to know if and how flashpro can be used to reset faults on fn2

Last edited by a moderator:
Flash pro is only for the Engine ECU. Majority of the cheap code readers are only for engine management. You can buy specific readers for Airbag systems.

Generally when you're sorting any wiring/sensor/abs issue it's a good idea to disconnect the battery, fix, reconnect battery and test. I'd try disconnecting whatever the issue was, disconnect the battery for 10 mins, reconnect what you were fixing and then reconnect battery and see if it's sorted itself. If not, best having it plugged in.

Generally when you're sorting any wiring/sensor/abs issue it's a good idea to disconnect the battery, fix, reconnect battery and test. I'd try disconnecting whatever the issue was, disconnect the battery for 10 mins, reconnect what you were fixing and then reconnect battery and see if it's sorted itself. If not, best having it plugged in.

Thanks for for the advice. If I ever have to mess with electrics again I will be disconnecting the battery. All is fixed now. Cheers

Back