• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Flat battery after wiper motor change.

It's a common stuff-up. The EP3 battery is achiral, the most common layout for a battery has the earth on the other side so you see people buying an 057 when they should have bought an 057L (or whatever the mirror-image label is). My black EP3 had a battery similarly placed when I bought it.

Yeah fair play on the pos/neg terminals, easy mistake, but to get one where the terminals stick up high enough to touch the bonnet, that is next level..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah fair play on the pos/neg terminals, easy mistake, but to get one where the terminals stick up high enough to touch the bonnet, that is next level..

They sit really close. The bad part isn't the bonnet itself, it's the bonnet support rod that sits over it when you clip it in place :)

I'm sure there's no risk at all, right, it's not like a solid lump of metal is mere millimetres from completing a circuit in something that can output 60A continuously, or maybe 400A for a short period... (sarcasm)

I'm sure there's no risk at all, right, it's not like a solid lump of metal is mere millimetres from completing a circuit in something that can output 60A continuously, or maybe 400A for a short period... (sarcasm)

Strap that to 50 litres of highly flammable liquid .....

Strap that to 50 litres of highly flammable liquid .....

if cars didn't exist and someone invented them today they'd never be allowed to be used.

"You're telling me you built a metal cage fueled by a high-pressure flammable liquid that causes thousands of small explosions a minute to propel you at 60mph, and more than one of you wants to travel on the same strip of mashed up rocks and tar in opposite directions?"

Same story with stairs, but where would we be without them!! And probably electricity, and plastic bags, and the list goes on :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why didn't you just buy and fit the correct battery myself?

I'd be tempted to leave your car where you had the work done in the hope it catches fire and burns the garage down. What utter morons.

I just can't believe a fault a simple battery test would show up has gone on this long! In most cases I'd say the diagnosis was hindered by the whole 'the garage touched it last, now this happened!' attitude. Which then lead to a simple fault being viewed as a complicated one.

But in this case, they left a 6 year old battery in place while changing a poor earth cable. Then fitted the wrong battery and bodged it on!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Back