• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Flat spot when the wheel goe's round when jacked up

Flat spot when the wheel goe's round when jacked up and when you driving at 60 to 70 relly bad shaking in the car and shaking when breaking
ive had new pads and disc on the front and its still ive had all the wheels balanced and the tracking done and it not changed

Last edited:
Flat spot when the wheel goe's round when jacked up and when you driving at 60 to 70 relly bad shaking in the car and shaking when breaking
ive had new pads and disc on the front and its still ive had all the wheels balanced and the tracking done and it not changed
Sometimes this has been found to be the tyres. Not all tyres suit all cars . They can be like cheese and chalk. Look elsewhere on this forum as there is a large thread on tyres. I hope you get it sorted. Regards Fred.

Sometimes this has been found to be the tyres. Not all tyres suit all cars . They can be like cheese and chalk. Look elsewhere on this forum as there is a large thread on tyres. I hope you get it sorted. Regards Fred.
I put my mates wheel off his fn2 on my car and mine on his I still have the the shaking between 60/70 and shakes when braking we put my wheels on his can and his car was still smooth

I'm not sure what you mean by flat spot when the car is jacked up.? Is the shaking through the car that's you can feel it through your seat? Or can you feel the shaking through the steering wheel.when there is some shaking does the steering wheel shake left and right quickly? If the cars smooth up to 60 and smooth after 70 but comes on between that's a typical out of balance. Does the shaking go side to side or up and down?also when you brake does one or both front wheels shake and is it side to side?
I ask these questions to try to understand the cause! As any one of these questions you answer helps to pinpoint the problem. So the front wheels shake between 60 and 70 that indicates a balance problem,but when you brake you get a shake , that would indicate a warped disc!. Please answer the questions and see what we can come up with. Regards Fred.

I'm not sure what you mean by flat spot when the car is jacked up.? Is the shaking through the car that's you can feel it through your seat? Or can you feel the shaking through the steering wheel.when there is some shaking does the steering wheel shake left and right quickly? If the cars smooth up to 60 and smooth after 70 but comes on between that's a typical out of balance. Does the shaking go side to side or up and down?also when you brake does one or both front wheels shake and is it side to side?
I ask these questions to try to understand the cause! As any one of these questions you answer helps to pinpoint the problem. So the front wheels shake between 60 and 70 that indicates a balance problem,but when you brake you get a shake , that would indicate a warped disc!. Please answer the questions and see what we can come up with. Regards Fred.
Yes it Shakes in the seats side to side yes both wheels I’ve just had new brakes and balanced and tracked

Last edited:
If you get shaking from side to side , that would indicate it's coming from the back of the car. Front wheels shaking side to side normally indicates warped discs, but if you've had new ones they shouldn't do that. Have you bumped one of the front wheels at any time.I would suggest taking your car to a mechanic who can run your car and diagnose the fault.Regards Fred.

Back