• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Flying heko's

The other day when coming home from work on the M57 I heard something hit my passenger window, and to my horror I saw my heko wind deflector flapping around! By the time I'd managed to get to the hard shoulder it had flown off completely and smashed to bits. Gutted.
It was fitted with both the clips and tape but it still flew off! I messaged the seller on eBay and they've agreed to send me a new set for £15 is this reasonable? The deflectors only had tape at the ends which I thought was poor.
I can't believe some people get away with only the tape holding them on!

Definatly use the clips, ive just fitted mine and installed the clips. Had these fitted to most of my previous cars and would never fit them without the clips provided, the tape does jack s#*t!!!

I haven't got the clips or tape on mine... :/

Someone told me the clips can scratch your window so this out me off and now I can't remember where I've put them!!

I have a set of hekos on my ep3 that i put on over 4-5 years ago with only the tape holding them on.

Next time use a better quality type of tape.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Ive got climair deflectors, which are held in by friction alone. Lasted a year so far.

LOL I just seen this thread

two days ago driving home on the motorway my passenger heko came loose at 70 mph and it took of into the air and right under the car behind me PMSL
it put a minor scratch on the rear panel but I can buff that out , I could not believe it happened :(
I am just glad it didnt hit the windscreen of the car behind me

Back