• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Flywheel and Clutch Upgrade

Right guys, I took a trip to TGM to have my car inspected as I had suspected a broken gearbox/front engine mount and that's what it was, the lower front engine mount is cracked. I also have a small engine oil leak from the crank seal.

As the gearbox is coming out, I have decided to go for a new clutch and I am thinking of going for an aftermarket lightened flywheel. I currently have a facelift premier EP3 and i know they are already lightened from factory, but i have heard a lightened flywheel can be very good mod and is worth it.

After reading about it seems a very light flywheel can be an issue in traffic/road cars? Tom currently stocks competition clutch flywheels, are these any good?

What power are you running?

I'd say stick with an OEM clutch, not had experience with CC products, but I would have said a Fidanza flywheel, you can replace the friction face on them as well. There also one of the lightest.

I used a clockwise motion flywheel and new oem Honda clutch when I had my gearbox work done. It sometimes bogs down in traffic but nothing too bad. Does make the car really responsive and revvy I love it!

I am completely stock so that's why I am unsure of whether I should upgrade flywheel or not. The benefits seem good and the cars at 93k miles so it makes sense to throw one in as the gearbox is out.

I have read some say the OEM/Exedy clutches can't handle the lightened flywheel?

I initially would have went fidanza, but not sure if it will arrive in time for Wednesday as that's when I have it booked with Tom.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Clutch should be okay whatever flywheel you use, just be sure to bed both in for the correct time as that's when it'll go wrong if it's going to. Personally I stuck with the OEM one as I've had a 5.1 Final Drive fitted, mines Facelift like yours so already lively enough for me.

Back