• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

flywheel, benefits, how light?

Someone mentioned to me today at work about having a lighter flywheel fitted and while its out a new clutch.

After a bit of a chat the idea of a the light flywheel greatly appeals. Am i correct in thinking it will make it rev more freely?

Also if its to light will it be a nightmare to drive around town and traffic?

Are the benefits worth the job being done? thanks guys

Did I read once on here that the facelift flywheels are lighter then pre-face, so when having clutches done peeps dropped in a facelift fly?

There you go, problem solved.
OEM facelift flywheel must be cheaper than an aftermarket performance branded jobby as well...

Would i be better of getting the genuine honda one or go to a different company? what are the benefits?

I reckon the OEM is a very good match with the EP. It can handles alot of power. Fair price as well.

i drive a facelift and to be honest the difference wont be noticed in daily driving but since my engine build i fitted a lightened fly and you can feel a slight difference while driving hard but does take a little getting used to in traffic jams etc unless your motor is built or you come across a cheap second hand one just save the money for something else like the GF's valentine present LOL

I run an Exedy lightened flywheel. It revs much faster, the revs drop faster, and the throttle response has improved.

Back