• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Flywheel Issues and advice

Evening guys and girls, after some advise on which flywheel to fit to my shed.

Just had a brand new oem exeedy clutch kit fitted and now the car judders on take off pretty confident its the flywheel as it only occurs once the cars been stopping and starting a few times.

So in the long and short should I just put an oem flywheel back on or a lightened one? this is a mix of track/weekend car with the odd work run thrown in to keep it going so drivability in the real world matters.

Noticed all different weights too and from what I can work out the lighter it is the slightly harder it is to drive in traffic?

Thanks

If sticking with OEM I'd skim the original rather than buy a new one. Should be cheaper and will be a smidge lighter too. Depends if you can stomach having the car off the road for the little bit longer whilst you wait for a skim. If you line up the machine shop in advance that shouldn't be an issue.

Personally I'd go for a LW. Not an ULW though mind.

Back