• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fn2 airbox help

Hi guys

I'm after some advise on the standard fn2 airbox.
I've been looking at induction kits but given I'm not really looking for any real performance gains I feel it could be money wasted at this moment in time.
What I'm wanting is to make the car sound a little more throaty, it's this possible to do without spending big money

Have a look at this thread: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?86636-My-civic-type-r-Fn2-(update)

Removing the resonator box and replacing it with a cold air feed to the bottom of the box will make it a bit more throaty.

You can also smooth out the airbox to improve airflow. I've done this to an airbox, but didn't fit it in the end.

IMAG0345-1.jpg

IMAG0346.jpg

IMAG0347.jpg

IMAG0348.jpg

IMAG0349.jpg

IMAG0350.jpg

IMAG0351.jpg

IMAG0354.jpg

It looks rougher than what it actually is. It didn't photograph well. :oops:

Thanks loxy may have a go at this soon

Btw I watched your youtube vid last night, your ep3 to fn2, enjoyed it mate

I really like the idea behind this mod. I have bought a dremel and have just bought a do luck panel filter they will have cost me about £40 which is pretty damn good compared to an identical Tegewa or mugen airbox based on the standard design just made out of carbon fibre. Carbon one costs £300 or so which is too much for me. The smoothed out airbox is more custom as well. This is my job plan on sat so will post up after I've completed the job.

Had the same conversation with loxy earlier this year after my mate did it on his merc but never got round to doing it let us know what the out come is like

sent from the middle of nowhere, the centre of everywhere!

Added a do luck Panel filter as well. I did it today smoothed the airbox of baffles, It wasn't the neatest job because I started off using a poor sanding bit. The base of the box looks better. It felt more satisfying to do this than spend £300 for a similar internal effect. I spent just over £40. £20 for a dremmel and £23 for the panel filter from sumo power.
Umm I don't know how to add a photo in the forum.

If your doing it off a phone I use the tap talk app and you have a icon to click to load from cwmera reel

sent from the middle of nowhere, the centre of everywhere!

Back