• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 FN2 Aircon ? Non GT ?

JMR

TRO Supporter
Had a look at '08 FN2 GT last weekend and was very impressed with it - in particular the engine note.

Umm'd and aah'd about it and decided to sleep on it with them offering me a reasonable part chop on the EP3.

Saw a '08 FN2 [non GT model] earlier this week as I drove past a different garage [same group though] and price was more attractive - however my other dealer tells me the non GT models dont have A/C ??

I'm going to have to drive to the garage I saw it at and pop my head in the cabin to see.

So if I'm looking for an A/C model have i GOT to go for the GT spec?

I think they do have aircon , its just the just the GTs get dual zone with glove box teperature controlled too, along with all the other bits and bobs

Be nice if someone could confirm this.
They garage WERE bringing the car over for me to look at on Saturday, but now he said this, I have told him not to bother.

So, what I think I need clarifying is, are there ANY types of FN2 that DONT have A/C?

He could be losing out on a sale here - but he said it DEFINITELY didnt have A/C. Confused.

I'm not 100% sure if they do, it's a bit of a grey area, i think the do get normal AC. GT's get dual zone climate control though and a load of other stuff. I wouldn't touch a non-GT, it'll be really hard to sell on, even Honda stopped making them cos no-one wanted to buy 'em.

I havent got D/Z climate or fog lights or cruise on my EP3 and I certainly wouldnt bother if I didnt have them on a FN2.
Buy cheaper = buy happier.

It was a 2k saving on a same age/ same mileage/ same condition FHSH car.

Just found my brochure, all it show's is it doesn't have climate control, there's no mention in the brochure of AC at so it looks like it non-GT's don't have it.

IMG00259-20110126-2025.jpg

Mmm, just picked out an old copy of WHAT CAR and it tested a 56 plate FN2 and says - you dont get A/C as standard you have to stump up £1k extra for the GT spec.
Wonder if this is same case on 08 plates.

Pity - have to go and look at and S2000 instead now to satisfy my curiosity as to which I'd like best.

These are blower switches on a non-GT.

Honda20Civic20Type-R202403092045.jpg

The button for the A/C on and off would be the button that is blank on the left of the top set of buttons. I've had a look on autotrader and all of the '08 non-GTs seem to have the same layout.

So alas it seems no, non-GTs don't have aircon.

I'll see if I can get hold of the GT model then.

Thanks for the pic Loxy.

Think I will be going for a GT model when I get paid end of Feb.

Got an insurance quote on the S2000 and it was £900 fully comp protected ncd.
The EP3 I have at the moment only costs me £371.

Unless anyone has a mint Milano Red EP3 they are thinking of selling or swapping - I fancy a different colour lol

Back