• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 brake upgrade

Ive got a 2007 FN2 and find the OEM brakes lacking and prone to fade. Has anyone got any suggestions as what is the best road to go down. I dont know whether to go for new 4 pot calipers and bigger discs or will a decent pad and fluid change improve things. I'm planning a few track days so want something that will stand the punishment. Thanks

I had the Stoptech Big Brake Kit 328mm two piece discs and the big ST40 (if I remember the name correctly) caliper. Stoptech lines all round, RBF600 fluid, DS2500s on the front and OEM discs and Cosworth Streetmaster pads on the rear.

Fantastic setup with absolutely no fade or vibrations. I had them glowing at Spa and they just lapped it up.

If you don't have £2,500 for brakes, then DS2500 pads for the front, RBF600 fluid and HEL braided lines with OEM front and rear discs and OEM rear pads will see you fine for a good fast road/occasional track setup.

Agree with Loxy, but depending how heavy you are on the brakes, you might find you'll overheat the DS2500 pads and leave deposits on the discs (track conditions), in which case you'll need something a bit beefier like Carbotech, Carbone Lorraine, DS3000 etc.

Back