• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 FN2 car mats????

What should I buy??

JDM?? Red??? Black??? Plastic??? eBay cheap specials???

Where should buy from & what price am I lookin at???

Any ideas guys as the car didn't come with any and I don't want to ruin that beautiful red carpet???

Cheers!!

Honda's own mats, designed for the CTR. They seem to be pretty good quality and look really nice. I also got Honda's rubber mats for when the weather get's bad. Don't know how much they are though. I got both sets thrown in with the deal.

Yeah the only mats to have in the FN2 are the Type-R mats, I'm suprised you didn't get them thrown in with the car, most people do. ;)

I'm not ashamed to admit that I've got a set of Tesco Value ones that I use in inclement weather (which is like everyday :lol:). Just can't justify paying anything more than I need to for something to put dirty feet on :D

However, after a hoover/clean - The Type-R mats go back in. It's novel the way they are secured in place with the 'twist clips', as is the badge on the mat itself, and the colour match to the carpet - plus they seem to be made of good quality; nice, thick and rich.

Red Type-R mats (there's no such thing as JDM FN2 mats). Use them all year round too. Never understood why people put mats on top of mats.

I don't put mats on top of mats, just swap 'em over.

I didn't say you did! :lol:

Alot of people do, I've always used the same mats all year round in my cars, bearing in mind I quite often park in muddy forest car parks they can get a bit dirty and are a piece of **** to clean.

I really hate rubber mats.

I didn't say you did! :lol:

Alot of people do, I've always used the same mats all year round in my cars, bearing in mind I quite often park in muddy forest car parks they can get a bit dirty and are a piece of **** to clean.

I really hate rubber mats.

Cool.. I didn't say you were, I was just saying what I do, I guess :D

Yeah I can't stand rubber mats either, I personally don't feel at ease with 'em - I just don't get the same ease of manoueverability between the pedals IMO, with the rubbers..

Calm down folks. We are talking about a set of bloody mats. Everyone has there own opinion - I mean check out lime green wheels, what's that about!! Not my cup of tea but hey each to their own :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Calm down folks. We are talking about a set of bloody mats. Everyone has there own opinion - I mean check out lime green wheels, what's that about!! Not my cup of tea but hey each to their own :lol:

They're not Lime ;)

And no one's kicking off, so there's nothing to calm down about ;)

Hi All

Yes the OEM Type R mats are great and the quality is very good.

I sold a set recently and this is what they look like :

Hope this helps owners recognise what the Type R mats look like..;)

These are the mats that came with the car from Honda from new..:confused:

Just seen your from South Africa, so maybe there are different upon region.

From the pic, is there a single mat for the rear, and another mat for the boot?

The UK mats have two mats for the front and two for the rear passengers.

Just seen your from South Africa, so maybe there are different upon region.

From the pic, is there a single mat for the rear, and another mat for the boot?

The UK mats have two mats for the front and two for the rear passengers.

Hi

I think our South African accessories specifications may differ mate.

The mats set consists of follows :

-Single drivers mate with Type R logo
-Single passenger side mat with no logo
-1 piece large rear mat that covers both ends
-1 piece large rear boot mat with Type R logo

The reason I was selling these and other parts is because I am stripping a 2008 FN2 Type R right down to the bare chassis because of accident damage.I have a lot of parts to sell.

Thanks..;)

Honda quoted me £75 for a set if mats, told me he was doin a good deal, ha!!
Said I'd see what Santa brings.

You'll get them easy at Honda, they are the standard red FN2 Type R mats. Check out Holdcroft Honda.

They have a sellers shop on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Honda...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4148aaeb31

Gives you an idea of what you are looking for anyway - your price of £75 doesn't sound bad.
You'd have picked them up for about £59 a couple of months back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back