• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Clutch Pedal

Hi, :santa:

My FN2 has developed an annoying problem with the clutch pedal. Its started to make a "clicking" noise as it goes down, followed by a "crunch" when it gets to the bottom!
Its not affecting the drive, but its getting right on my moobs!
Dont suppose anyone knows what it might be?

Cheers

Sean

I take it your car is still in warranty, so just take it into a honda garage and get it sorted. :D

My developed the same fault following a track day.

Replaced the Clutch Master cylinder under warranty, job done:cool:

Just been down to Honda and they reckon its the master cylinder.
But rather than mess about, they said they would also replace the clutch pedal assembly and brackets, etc...Result!

But I dont understand what the problem is. If I went on a track day then yes, I'd be wary of something going bang. But the only time I really get the toe down is up the autobahn perhaps once a week.

Just been down to Honda and they reckon its the master cylinder.
But rather than mess about, they said they would also replace the clutch pedal assembly and brackets, etc...Result!

But I dont understand what the problem is. If I went on a track day then yes, I'd be wary of something going bang. But the only time I really get the toe down is up the autobahn perhaps once a week.

From reading civinfo.com its a common fault on all Civics 2006>

Car booked in for the 13th for the clutch jobby and its 1st service.
They need the car for 2 days apparently! Free courtesy car though, so i'm not too bothered, and I'm quite looking forward to driving a car that has suspension and soft seats! Showing my age now...

I had the bonnet up the other day with the engine running, its a right rattly sounding engine isnt it? Do they do anything with this during the service?

Back